Sign in to follow this  
rjmachin

X20 burning up batteries

rjmachin

I've got problems with my Fuji X20, which has started burning through batteries at a crazy rate - about three or four shots from a fully charged battery. Obviously I have tried other batteries, but with the same result. I've noticed when I hold the camera up to my ear that there's a faint but ominous crackling sound - like an electrical malfunction. Anyone else had this?

K1W1_Mk2

Could be an electrical malfunction as you describe but it could also be a faulty battery charger. Fuji chargers fail way more than other brands. I would be getting both items checked.

farrell

I would like to suggest also that you scrutinize the electrical contacts of your batteries and those of the camera itself for any sign of any other than a perfectly

clean appearance. What you are hearing could possibly be arcing, which once begun will degrade the quality of contact and increase the current draw and discharge the

battery very very quickly.

davidenespana

"I've noticed when I hold the camera up to my ear that there's a faint but ominous crackling sound - like an electrical malfunction. Anyone else had this? "

Er..no. Sounds serious. Remove battery and get the camera, battery and charger to a Fuji dealer for repair.