Sign in to follow this  
eavesphoto

Fuji Xt-1 owners copyright

Is there any way to input the owners name or owners copyright in the body?

This way the RAW and Jpegs have that info embedded in the original file.

The Canons have this ability but do any of the Fuji X cameras?

I am not aware of the option on Fuji cameras I do have it enabled on my Nikons.

You can of course add it as part of your post processing if you want to.

Open Silkypix Raw File Converter.

Click on View[V]in top line menu.

If they have not already been ticked, Click on 'Exif information' AND 'Edit Comment' These will then open automatically every time you open Silkypix.

Click on File[F] in top line menu.

Open image you want to add Copyright info to in its Exif...Exif will then display in 'Exif information' box.

Click on 'Edit comment' box and type your copyright detail. Click enter and the info will then appear in the 'UserComment' line of Exif information

I don't work on batches but Batch info is mentioned in Help Item 5.2 Batch Development and Item 8.5. They might assist.

Hope this helps

The problem with camera EXIF © file is that it is for the name of the photographer/camera owner without any supporting information. The US trademark and copyright office is taking the position that if there is not contact information available and someone makes a reasonable effort to contact the holder, and can not make contact, then using the image is not infringement.

That's why I have Lightroom embed © information, including contact info, i.e. website and email, to ensure that someone can contact me if they want to use an image, and to ensure I have recourse if the image is used without permission.

The problem with camera EXIF © file is that it is for the name of the photographer/camera owner without any supporting information. The US trademark and copyright office is taking the position that if there is not contact information available and someone makes a reasonable effort to contact the holder, and can not make contact, then using the image is not infringement.

That's why I have Lightroom embed © information, including contact info, i.e. website and email, to ensure that someone can contact me if they want to use an image, and to ensure I have recourse if the image is used without permission.

That's why you just need to make the copyright your email address "© name@email.com"

Putting the email address is OK but your mailing address is better. Fewer glitches with the mail contacts compared to computers.

Forwarding of mail is easy to do if you move. A tangible letter is easier to deal with than the ephemeral emails that at times disappear for no reason at all.

Putting the email address is OK but your mailing address is better. Fewer glitches with the mail contacts compared to computers.

Forwarding of mail is easy to do if you move. A tangible letter is easier to deal with than the ephemeral emails that at times disappear for no reason at all.

Agreed.