aardvark

some X-A1 photos taken with XC 50-230

aardvark

Thanks for your comments, PhoTom and Richard, no additional lighting, flashes or reflectors, just natural light.

artuk

Some really nice pictures. I quite like the 7th one in the first batch. Everyone is always negative about slow aperture "cheap" tele zoom lenses, but they are often very good (as they are not particularly complex to make). The insect pictures at the start are excellent.

farrell

Very nice work. It's nice to see not everyone thinks that the more money is spent,

the better the results. You can't buy photographic skill.

artuk

Just noticed the last shots you posted were taken with a Vivitar 135mm lens - I really like the third and forth pictures (flowers), the shallow depth of field and bokeh is very attractive indeed. What lens mount is the Vivitar originally made for?

aardvark

Appreciate your comments artuk, the Vivitar is a Nikon F mount that I use with my Nikon bodies as well.

aardvark

Thank you farrell, yes, often patience and a little thought when it comes to the picture taking process can produce excellent results with what some people might consider substandard or just "average" equipment.

SnapPuppy

Ahhh well I can't see the pictures. No longer available, I guess this what happens we you visit a 2 year old thread.

? ??