Sign in to follow this  
divadaiam

X10 zoom issue

divadaiam

Hi, people

I have an X10 for about three years, in wich I happily discovered that I had a perfect travel camera. But now, unfortunatelly, I got an issue with the zoom:

When I take a photo with no zoom, it comes out nicely as usual, but now, with the zoom on, I get all kinds of strange colour effects

I uploaded an example on flickr (couldn t do it here...)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80240154@N08/

Any suggestions? Thanks

K1W1_Mk2

I assume that this is the photo you are referring to.

DSCF6459

The shadowing in the bottom corners is likely being caused by the edge of a filter on the lens or a lens hood. Not sure about the colours.

I assume this is the non zoom photo

DSCF6458

divadaiam

Yes, you are correct. And the question is why does it create these colour effects when zooming. And the lower shadows are appearing because of the same issue.

Any idea?

RichardCFrost

On an X10, when you zoom, the maximum aperture drops from F2.0 to F4.9. I wonder if that might be resulting in the differences. Try taking the same shot with the X10 zoomed out at F2.0 and then at F4.9 and see if there's a difference. Also, try the same experiment with flash, or on a well lit outdoor scene.

Whether or not this is related to aperture settings, I really can't explain the vignetting at zoom, that is weird.