Sign in to follow this  
devskies

the food gallery [x100T/XT1]

tzeruk

Tough critics in here :)

I suppose everyone has personal preferences ... I happen to really enjoy the first four photos. Any info on these photos (which were taken w/ X100T or X-T1?). Are you using a simple light box?

And who is cooking this food? It looks delicious ... probably helps that it's lunch time and I'm hungry.

devskies

Was just a shot I popped off. I used to do lots of foodie pics with my old canon.

Fujifilm Food Pic

Very nice! what is that? looks really spicy

Tough critics in here

:)

I suppose everyone has personal preferences ... I happen to really enjoy the first four photos. Any info on these photos (which were taken w/ X100T or X-T1?). Are you using a simple light box?

And who is cooking this food? It looks delicious ... probably helps that it's lunch time and I'm hungry.

lol makes you think before you shoot to improve I guess? haha

Those were shot with natural light taken by the XT-1 and 23mm. Most of these were shot on the go during lunch dinner etc. :)

KevKev

My Wife made that :). It's Tofu, red onion, and the rest I have to trust her on lol. Was amazing though. Thank you for the kind words devskies.

devskies

My Wife made that

. It's Tofu, red onion, and the rest I have to trust her on lol. Was amazing though. Thank you for the kind words devskies.

lucky you!

16. Rainbow cake

16077133271_c393912e94_c.jpg

artuk

@devskies, this is good, but next time I would try using a PL filter to minimize the reflections from the box plastic window.

I don't mind the reflections, but I would check my white balance or avoid using cheap

My Wife made that

. It's Tofu, red onion, and the rest I have to trust her on lol. Was amazing though. Thank you for the kind words devskies.

lucky you!

16. Rainbow cake

16077133271_c393912e94_c.jpg

This is much better if you are going for a professional food photographer look, rather than a social media filtered look - the colours look more accurate and therefore the food more appealing, in my opinion.

I think it would have been nice to include the complete cup of coffee, personally.

I'm not so keen on the burger - the colors look "off" again, and the alignment of the out of focus burger distracts from the in focus one - in my opinion the OOF burger would be better towards the right hand side of the frame, where there is dead space and it would not conflict with the fork of the in focus burger.

devskies

I'm not so keen on the burger - the colors look "off" again, and the alignment of the out of focus burger distracts from the in focus one - in my opinion the OOF burger would be better towards the right hand side of the frame, where there is dead space and it would not conflict with the fork of the in focus burger.

ah I get what you mean! I agree should have moved the other plate!

devskies

20. Tomato noodles with luncheon meat

15673424513_1002b555a6_c.jpg

21. King Prawn wonton noodles

16293182675_c79a77d509_c.jpg

22. Beef Brisket Noodles

16105740708_8f5f375e59_c.jpg

23. Piggy custard buns

16267278776_923ab406e1_c.jpg

24. Pork chop instant noodles

16107366497_e76db02661_c.jpg

devskies