Sign in to follow this  
AdrianMortimer

Connection Problems.

AdrianMortimer

Yesterday I managed to send an image from my newly acquired Fuji X E2 to my Galaxy phone using the Fuji Remote camera app, I also sent an image to my PC using the PC auto save app, so far so good, I was quite pleased that everything had worked as it was supposed to do. Today is a different story, my phone and camera will not connect nor will my ipad and camera connect, the whole idea in this wifi transfer is to make things quick easy and convenient but if one can't rely on the software to work each time there isn't much point in having it. If anyone has any remedies for my problems I shall be very pleased and grateful to hear them but please don't tell me to buy a card reader or stick the memory card into the PC, what I am trying to do is sort out the wifi connection problems. I have also updated the firmware on my camera to enable remote operation by either phone or ipad but of course if they can't connect that's not going to be much use either.

gryphon1911

No remedies for you other than to wait for and install the newest firmware update coming soon.

AdrianMortimer

Thanks for your replies, I have already installed the latest firmware for the XE2 which came out today, so the very latest software is installed, why it should work one day and not the next day is a mystery to me.

andyfromboston

Are the phone and the iPad connecting to the Fuji ad hoc wifi network or are they defaulting to their usual wifi networks?

AdrianMortimer

I am happy to report that I have finally solved my wifi connection problems with regard to my new Fujifilm X E2, and I can now connect both my Galaxy 4 phone and my ipad and control the camera wirelessly from either device. If it is of any help to anyone else I will detail where I was going wrong. Firstly I had the wrong software on my phone and after updating the firmware on my camera that software no longer works so you have to ensure that you install Fuji's Remote Camera App. Next to make things simple I assigned the function button on my camera as the Wifi button so when I switch the camera on and press that button the camera goes into wifi connection mode, then I open the app on my phone and touch on one of the options that are on offer, up comes a screen with a connect button, touch on this and watch the camera screen for the name of the phone to appear then just follow the prompts. If the name of your device does not appear on the camera screen you have to press the OK button to prompt the camera to search again until it finds the phone and asks if you want to connect then just follow the prompts and you will be able to control the camera and change various settings on the camera even focussing can be achieved simply by touching the screen of the phone or ipad.

Connecting to the ipad is similar to the phone except that when you switch on your camera wifi you have to quickly go into the wifi settings of the ipad to make sure that it connects to the camera's wifi, then go into the Fuji app on your ipad touch on one of the options, the connect screen will appear touch on that, then watch the camera screen for the ipad name to appear, if it does not appear touch the OK button on the camera to make it search again until it finds your ipad then follow the prompts when the camera asks if you want to connect. This process will become easier and quicker with familiarisation and you may even have to start from the beginning, but when you get it right it is quite amazing to be able to take shots remotely and even make adjustments on the camera. Thank you Fuji for an amazing camera and an amazing firmware upgrade. I hope some of you may find this useful. Kind regards, Adrian.E.Mortimer.

Lambert_PGA

Just installed the Camera Remote App on my Android (Samsung S4) phone to use with my X-E2.

The App tells me I have connection with he camera, but the status is: waiting... and the camera: device not found...

Can somebody help me with this ?

Thanks in advance !

greetings

andyfromboston

Did you go into wifi settings on the phone and join the network that the phone creates when you put it in wifi mode?

Landrover335

I have an X-T1 and have had regular difficulty making a connection. Only having success 10% of the time. Not sure what the issue is. But it's been an unusable feature for me.

BrianDH

Trying (!!) to use the Fujifilm Camera remote with XT-1.

It works OK with Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet.

My problem is that won't work at all with either Samsung Galaxy S4 or S5 smartphones - which are what I want to use. Same thing happens on each. The app identifies the camera and confirms a wifi connection with it. Then after a significant delay, comes the message "cannot connect". Meanwhile the camera shows a message " not found. check the app" .Tried this dozens of times.

I have....removed and reinstalled the app. Turned off mobile data. Turned off wlan - there are no other networks within range. These have had no effect.

richoff

When looking at the camera menu, use the D-pad and scroll up to "change" (connection I think)... I'm going from memory here... then press "OK" on the camera... I'm pretty sure thats how I got mine to work (on iPhone)

Cameraman51

I'm trying to connect with my LG3 Vigor. I run the app, choose my camera -- XE 2 v3, choose browse camera and hit connect. The green wifi icon is visible in the camera display and the phone is searching. Eventually the camera says cannot connect. When I look at my wifi settings on the phone it shows me connected to the camera. Any ideas, suggestions?

Pcohen15

After many frustrating hours, I'm finally able to transfer images from my new X-E2 (latest firmware) to both iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5. Trick is to use the Camera Remote app; the others do not work. Also, you can only send JPGs, so you have to convert from RAW first. PITA, but it works.

Anybody know if Fuji has any plans to auto convert RAW images when they are sent to devices, like Sony does?

veejaycee

?

After many frustrating hours, I'm finally able to transfer images from my new X-E2 (latest firmware) to both iPhone 6 and Galaxy S5. Trick is to use the Camera Remote app; the others do not work. Also, you can only send JPGs, so you have to convert from RAW first. PITA, but it works.

Anybody know if Fuji has any plans to auto convert RAW images when they are sent to devices, like Sony does?

I don't see the point in doing that - why not either shoot in jpg with in-camera adjustments or shoot raw and convert in camera to taste or even shoot raw + jpg and send the jpgs?

Raw images look horrible until processed - I wouldn't like my images to be seen like that.

Although I was an early convert to digital photography and editing software I admit to being a dinosaur when it comes to mobile devices other than laptops. Could someone please explain the point of using a mobile or tablet as above when they surely have little or no storage to speak of. I have a tablet (as a gift) a Samsung something and it is handy as a remote camera control and connects effortlessly but it has no storage or USB/card reader that I can find. I've heard of people editing on mobile and tablet but I personally would not use either to process images that will be seen on a large screen. However, I sense I'm missing something here so I would seriously appreciate someone dragging me into the 21st century and explaining the uses of mobile phones and tablets in photography (other than use as a camera). BTW my mobile is a just a phone with a camera (unused) and it's not smart - it is cheap though and no one would want to steal it.

Bear in mind that I've never even played a computer game since ping-pong and space invaders so use plain language.

Gary Alessi

If you want to post images from your phone to your social networks...ie instagram, or facebook....or just email images to your friends or relatives from your phone..