Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

Great news for US customers - Shipment en route!

Christopher

Great news coming by way of X100rumors.com through Dodd Camera!

“Fuji X100 delay is nearly over. This highly anticipated camera didn’t arrive when expected but we are told that the first U.S. shipment is now en route. We should be able to fill most of, if not all of our waiting list. Supply will be very tight for foreseeable future. Call a Dodd store if you want to add your name to the waiting list with a $100 deposit.”

It sounds like we're still on track for an end of April release :)

Christopher

Further confirmation from Precision Camera

"Hi everyone, our regional Fujifilm rep was in town yesterday and today and re-affirmed that we'll start getting shipments next week. In fact, he said he wouldn't be surprised if they had already shipped from their distribution center.

We'll be contacting customers as soon as they hit our dock."

This is a good sign!

Mac

Thanks for the Pogue-review. I really can't wait for mine to be delivered (May 5 in Sweden)!

Christopher

Here's the latest from Precision Camera

'Fuji supply has informed me that the x100 will be shipping TODAY to all accounts that are on 1st allocation list. The Earthquake in Japan did affect delivery to the U.S. later than expected, and we have inspected ALL cameras that were delivered to make sure they met our "Quality Level" before packaging. It appears that some of these were indeed not "at that level" so some cameras were sent back to Japan. This has left us with less than we had expected initially. This will affect everyones initial allocation expectations. There is nothing that could be done about this unfortunently. We have also logged all serial #'s of cameras delivered to track the destinations of all accounts receiving. We appreciate your patience in this process as I know you have been hit hard with customer inquiries. '

OneCall.com reports they only have 30 pre orders, hopefully I end up high enough on their list to make the first delivery! Other online retailers have reported hundreds of preorders. If you haven't pre ordered yet, they're probably your best bet.

I was moments away from purchasing an international unit on eBay yesterday, but I'm trying to be optimistically patient.

Christopher

Brandon Remler with Fujifilm USA has confirmed the cameras are on their way to US dealers!

As promised here is the update. The X100 has begun shipping in the USA. Several dealers should see the cameras and accessories tomorrow April 29th. Demand is of course greater than supply. The shipments will continue and we will catch up.

Fingers crossed that OneCall.com gets 25 units :D

Well OneCall.com just shipped my pre-order today, they must have received a second shipment! If you haven't pre-ordered yet, I know they didn't have many orders behind mine. OneCall

I guess I should have waited after all...