Sign in to follow this  
doad

Switching between EVF and OVF does not work

doad

Just received a used X100T a couple of days ago. I notices that changing between the EVF and the OVF did not work with the viewfinder selector. Nothing in the viewfinder happened when moving it both directions. Only the EVF was shown in the viewfinder. After resetting the camera it worked for a while. Now it doesn't anymore.

Am I missing something? Checked the manual twice but there doesn't seem to be a function to disable the viewfinder selector.

Thanks for your help!

dickbarbour

There are several camera settings that prevent use of the OVF. One of these is use of the Macro mode. Unfortunately it is very easy to inadvertently hit the default macro button (top of the 4-position switch). One solution is to change the function of this button, or lock the switch by pressing down on the Menu button for several seconds. There are some other settings (that escape me now) that prevent use of the OVF, but the macro button is the most likely.

Dick

veejaycee

You need to be looking through the viewfinder while you use the selector.

dickbarbour

doad,

You're welcome. I was speaking from experience, as the same thing happened to me. I'm looking forward to getting the Lensmate X100T thumb grip when it's available, hopefully the end of this month. I have one on my X-E2 and in addition to helping to hold the camera steadier, it also keeps your thumb away from those little buttons on the right side of the camera, which is much better than locking them as I suggested.

Dick

Harryn

Thank you so much dickbarbour. That same problem was driving me nuts... I have gone all Fuji and getting to know the XT1, X100T and wife's XE-1 all at the same go...

Dave Davis

Thank you so much Dick Barbour!!  This was driving me crazy also with my X-Pro1.  I did a search and found this page.  I did have my camera on macro mode...once I switched it off, problem solved.  Thanks again, Dave

• Like 1