Sign in to follow this  
Bristolgary

Is there a gadget or gizmo or way to prohibit/accidently turning the exposer compensation dial

Bristolgary

Mostly I do this on the X100S but it's just as easy on the X30. Can or is there a smaller smoother dial available or a locking cover?

K1W1_Mk2

A thumb grip eliminated the issue for me.

I have heard of people using small O rings around the base of the dial to increase the turning resistance.

Bristolgary

Yes, a small rubber "O" ring is a good idea, it would add to resistance and smooth out the knurling. It might not look to bad either, I have a box in the workshop.

Larry

For me, it is one of the prime features of my cameras. I can dial in an ideal histogram for every shot. Having to fight with the knob would slow things down to the point that I would accept poor exposure. Judging from much of the photography posted about the web, exposure does not mean much to a lot of the posters.

farrell

Adding the ex-comp scale to the viewfinder/LCD might help;an undesired setting is hard

to ignore when it's right in your face.

K1W1_Mk2

Having to fight with the knob would slow things down to the point that I would accept poor exposure.

In what way would a thumb grip or a small O-ring to add a little tension mean that you would be "having to fight with the knob"?

johnwillyums

A thumb grip does not affect the exposure compensation dial, it just prevents your thumb from accidently moving it.

You can still easily use it by manouvering your thumb past the grip, simple.

johnwillyums

By the way, I've never had this problem, with an X100, X-E1, or X-T1.

Perhaps you just need to be more careful :-)

Mycenius

A thumb grip eliminated the issue for me.

I have heard of people using small O rings around the base of the dial to increase the turning resistance.

Yep - I've just got mine and it's made a huge difference (I was constantly bumping the ECD)!

I've also added a soft release and quick release tripod plate with built in side grip - while it's made the camera a fraction larger and heavier it's a totally different beast to handle now! Especially when you have larger hands with short fingers like me!

:)>-