Sign in to follow this  
minglukhan

Image Playback

minglukhan

Once I take a pic using the OVF, I would like the picture to show on the LCD, not the OVF. I hate viewing photos through that tiny window. I have the LCD turned off normally but it would be useful to playback the images exclusively via the LCD.

Is this possible?

Many Thanks

veejaycee

I don't have the X100 but try the setup menu>image display, you should be able to set a time to 3 secs. Then on the back of the camera you have "View mode", cycle through the options until you have it on the rear screen or choose eye sensor - when you use the viewfinder the viewfinder will become live and when you move the camera away from your eye the rear screen will become live - or just opt for rear screen (LCD).

jeremyclarke

I recommend giving up on your dream here. There's older threads on the topic you can read, but they can be summarized as follows: The early Fuji cameras (and to a lesser degree the newer ones) are terrible at mode swapping between EVF and LCD. They lock up and choke and get confused and expose bugs when you try to review on the LCD after shooting with the EVF. Not only will it not do what you want, it will embarass itself trying to.

Worth remembering is that what you want was beaten into you by the way DSLR's work. You are "chimping" because it's what you're used to, but it's not actually a good workflow, since it takes you out of the EVF and messes up your composition etc.

Open your heart to the awesomeness of your new EVF and use it to review images as well as take them. It's faster than chimping (taking camera away from eye to look at LCD) and it's also the only reasonable option with the Fuji cameras which take for granted that you'll shoot and review with the same screen.

Other option: Turn off review entirely and use the playback button when you want to use the LCD. Not fast but less buggy than trying to chimp with review enabled.

veejaycee

Other option: Turn off review entirely and use the playback button when you want to use the LCD. Not fast but less buggy than trying to chimp with review enabled.

Agreed. This will also save you battery power.

Ed2000

This is an old conversation but I just came across this issue. 

the View Mode button works independently from playback and camera mode. Meaning, if you change the view mode to LCD Only during camera mode, that doesn’t change it to LCD Only in playback mode. During playback mode you will need to change the view mode to you liking just as you would in camera mode.