zentech

The Fujifilm X-T1 book by Rico Pfirstinger

The only link I can find for an X-T1 book by Rico at Rocky Nook is broken. Is there another source or a different URL for the actual purchase/download? I have been patiently waiting for Rico's book on the X-T1 for over a year now, and my patience is running out!

Let me start off with some full disclosure:

I just recently ordered my X-T1 and felt that having a book to review while waiting for it seemed like a good idea.

I went to Amazon for a selection for the Kindle and saw Rico's book, which I've ordered and very much look forward to reading.

At the same time, I also noticed three reviews for Rico's book, which are mixed and range from 5 stars to 1 star. One of the (positive) reviews said the following:

". . . the information still feels buried. There is SO SO SO much great content in here but it's currently not very easy to get to from the table of contents or skimming the tips highlights themselves. With a little bit of reformatting, this book could be much more usable and really awesome. I look forward to a 2nd Edition revision to bring this up to 5 stars! (Hopefully Kindle books automatically update!)

Some of the earlier tips feel like fillers ("Get a few spare batteries") and disappointingly of the Captain Obvious variety. However, read on and you'll usually find many useful gems . . ."

I alos noted a competing book, "The Complete Guide to Fujifilm's X-t1 Camera" by Tony Phillips, with more pages, positive and (one) negative review and for about the same price. I ordered that one too (the cost of these resources is insignificant compared to the cost of the camera and one good idea from each is well worth the investment.)

So, I'm not here to knock Rico's book, which may be great - I have some of his others and they're fine resources; I haven't read either of these books yet, so I truly don't know which might be best.

But I did want to let folks know about an alternative resource.

I have both books and they are both useful to X-T1 users. I don't think it's fair to try to compare these as the 'Complete Guide' is just that whereas Rico's book is a collection of tips based on his in depth experience of using the camera, which I am finding very useful as a reference to dip into to help me set up my X-T1 in such a way that it can only help, not hinder, my use of it to capture images.

All I need to do now is make better use of the Mark 1 Eyeball in identifying images through the viewfinder, or the LCD!

Rod

Agree with Rodders....both books are useful to have. I carry them on my Note 3 and when I've got down time read about the camera I was fortunate enough to purchase.

I bought the eBook a while back. Wondering if there is any upgrade (free or not) path if/when the Rico may update the book.

BTW: The book has been very useful as a guide on my phone that is with me wherever I may be.  Used it more times than I care to admit to get me out of a bind while on the field.

Edited by iSilentP
BTW addition