Sign in to follow this  
K1W1_Mk2

The X100s does alright for an obsolete no longer supported camera.

K1W1_Mk2

One day I will tell it Fuji no longer loves it and it will probably roll over and stop working I guess.

Melbourne sunset from Lysterfield

MarcoDebiasi

Well, may be its firmware is not supported but the camera itself should be for some time (typically five years after the end of production). In any case, it still takes great pictures like your one above. Enjoy it!

farrell

Well done! Shadows are open enough to keep the foreground interesting.

farrell

I for one can think of no reason why you shouldn't expect to take great pictures with

it indefinitely. The burden of "great pictures" is always on the user.

Owtafocus

I don't see what obsolete or 'no longer supported' (whatever that means) has to do with a cameras capabilities. If the camera is in good working condition as when it was new it will make images of the same quality as it did when new. It doesn't actually know if newer models have been released.

JohnT

He was being tongue-in-cheek. :) Yeah, my X100S shed a few pixels over the announcement. :P

farrell

I don't recall the photographer's name, but I saw a review of his book of images shot

exclusively with a mid-fifties plastic Kodak Brownie Hawkeye.

1 shutter speed. 1 aperture. Lots of great pictures.

farrell

He was being tongue-in-cheek.

:)

Yeah, my X100S shed a few pixels over the announcement.

:P
Mine flashed a message that I can't

post here.

farrell

@referee;thanks for the post;an ex-coworker forwarded to me for anaysis some images

allegedly harvested from a long-lost Brownie of the attack on Pearl Harbor.

I will say some were plausible, but the best quality images were 3:2, likely a Navy

Leica or Contax. Tons of small prints were distributed for servicemen to send home.

K1W1_Mk2

I seem to recall a story about a year ago that related to long lost undeveloped images from a WWII US serviceman that had been "found" and developed. It turned out to be a fraud with the images having been harvested from several sources.

pominpocket

I am happy with my X100S and would not upgrade to X100T. I can live with out Fuji Chrome and am happy with the manual focus systems it has.

drewrett

Am I right in thinking that Classic Chrome is available as download for Lightroom? In which case I suppose you can always get the approximate look there.. anyway my old [ancient by todays standards!] X100 still is a favourite go to workhorse for me..hehe

farrell

I am happy with my X100S and would not upgrade to X100T. I can live with out Fuji Chrome and am happy with the manual focus systems it has.

I still love my X100S and am not considering a T. I'm not convinced that

the changes are really that meaningful to me. If I were, I might be tempted to engage

in the "buy it and buy it again" scheme for a few minor changes.

veejaycee

How many only want Classic chrome because they can't get it? How many of those who have it actually use it. I dislike it myself and find there is nothing chrome about it but I don't bother with film sims anyway. If it had never been offered to the other cameras none of you would be any worse off.

Do you really think Fuji should update your camera to match the latest and greatest when their purpose is to sell new cameras and lenses?

andyfromboston

I actually like it a lot, now that I have it as an ICC file for Capture One. I'll apply it or Pro Neg S as a starting point for a lot of postprocessing.

Haswell

Having just purchased an X100S (second hand) I had no idea it was obsolete. Who gives a damn? It's one of the most versatile cameras I've ever had.