DjFunkMike

Would it be nice for the next X100 series to have a,

Grieves

DOF field and distance markings on the lens.

Position the tripod mount further away from the battery door. (So you can change the battery and SD card without taking it off the mount.)

The exposure compensation dial to work in manual model (Auto ISO = on) so I can operate the camera in the same way I do for aperture priority and shutter priority. I am sure this is just a software upgrade.

Native ISO 100.

A dedicated ISO dial would be nice.

Just my tuppence worth...

• Like 1

MadDog
  1. Better battery life.  My X10 gets 300 shots per charge.  My X100T gets about 75 shots, on both of the Fuji OEM NP-95 batteries.
  2. Compact charger with the flip-out plug used on the X10 and most other cameras.  The cord is a waste of luggage space and must cost Fujifilm more to produce that a compact version would.
  3. Offset the tripod mount.  I have a tiny Joby 800 flip-open tripod on my X10 and it works perfectly.  I also put one on the X100; I can change CD Cards with it attached but must remove it to change the battery, which I do too frequently - see #1 above.

That said, I have had the X100T for just a few weeks and am bedazzled by all that it does so well, easily and quickly.

Wow.  That is not a lot of pictures per charge.  I have an X30 and X-S1 (both use same battery) and always get at least 400 or better photos.  I recently went to a Garth Brooks concert and shot over 380 pics with my x30 using only the rear LCD.  No flash.   When it was over I still had 50 per cent charge left.  I don't leave the camera on continuously.   During the concert I shot mostly on Auto. Maybe I am a lucky duck!  

ranger

The guy 10 months ago at dpreview:

"Also - I've never understood why a mirrorless camera has MORE shutter delay than a DSLR. A film Leica and a digital Nikon seem to release almost instantaneously - capturing fleeting expressions. I shoot the x100s and always, even in OVF mode, need to anticipate significantly to get the right moment."

If he's having to 'anticipate significantly' it should be pretty plain that this guy simply doesn't know his gear well enough to get it properly set-up, and can't be taken at all seriously.

And while you're right in my having gotten the firmware update number wrong (yes, it was 2.1 or 2.10 or 2.11) the simple fact is that since that firmware release there is in no one else out there reporting any problem of the sort you describe. No one.

And in case you're wondering, it's fairly habitual for me to throw the camera up to my eye, shoot instantaneously, and immediately drop the camera back down without thinking about needing to get set or freeze on point or do anything of the sort which a laggy shutter would call for. The only time I loose shots working in this way is in low-light settings where SS has dropped to the point of showing motion blur.

• Like 1

JSmith

I would like to see the next version get some weather protection. I would also like to see the WCL conversion be a 24mm full frame equivalent instead of the existing 28mm equivalent.

• Like 2

veejaycee

The guy 10 months ago at dpreview:

"Also - I've never understood why a mirrorless camera has MORE shutter delay than a DSLR. A film Leica and a digital Nikon seem to release almost instantaneously - capturing fleeting expressions. I shoot the x100s and always, even in OVF mode, need to anticipate significantly to get the right moment."

If he's having to 'anticipate significantly' it should be pretty plain that this guy simply doesn't know his gear well enough to get it properly set-up, and can't be taken at all seriously.

And while you're right in my having gotten the firmware update number wrong (yes, it was 2.1 or 2.10 or 2.11) the simple fact is that since that firmware release there is in no one else out there reporting any problem of the sort you describe. No one.

And in case you're wondering, it's fairly habitual for me to throw the camera up to my eye, shoot instantaneously, and immediately drop the camera back down without thinking about needing to get set or freeze on point or do anything of the sort which a laggy shutter would call for. The only time I loose shots working in this way is in low-light settings where SS has dropped to the point of showing motion blur.

If it's anything like the X-Pro1 then try mashing the shutter. A preliminary half press (when shooting on the fly) seems to encourage the lens to look again for focus even if already attained.

ranger

That whole discussion was about what happens with the shutter while using a zone focus technique in MF mode.

JSmith

I'll probably be alone in this but I wish it had GPS. I have that feature on my point and shoot Panasonic camera and love it.

Mihir

water resistance against a downpour would be a god send. Assuming the next one in the series will take a lot from xpro2, I look forward to it with anticipation. 

fuji, if you are  listening, a firmware update for x100s would be really welcome. 

Mklives

I would like the next X100 camera to have an integrated 800mm fixed focal length lens + 4K video.

darwiniandude

800mm? Right-e-o then. 

X200

24mp from X-Pro2

Redesigned rear panel, nicer buttons, articulated LCD. 

Weather Resistant

lift up shutter dial with ISO a la X-Pro2

Lens sticks out a little further, a bit less compact depth wise. Lens looks more like a squashed version of the 35mm F2 WR, (i.e. tapered) same focal length but faster quieter focusing and significantly sharper, less compromised, wide open. If you need compactness still you may need to go X70, but X200 is not really that much bigger. 

Annoyingly X200 no longer has in built ND filter for some reason. Maybe they thought it wasn't needed due to the electronic shutter added to subliment leaf shutter, but I miss the ND. 

Mihir

the fixed length lens should have focus scale like the manual ones and the focus ring could have more tension so it does not move automatically. 

CDHill

Aside from a still-generally-poor battery life, I have four suggestions for the next X100:

• Improved On-Off switch.  It is too easy to turn on - even accidentally when putting down the camera - and too hard to turn off.  I use a Thumbs Up thumbrest and take most shots one-handed while in my car, so that adds to the problem for me.  A simple solution is to reverse the switch, but that would be heresy to some.  Perhaps a longer tongue, detent or audible click would work.
  • Allow for Silent Mode to be put on a Function button.  It is too time-consuming to go via the Menu for Silent Mode when you want it quickly.  I use all 7 function buttons and even toggle one button between ND Filter and self-timer, depending on what I am then doing, so maybe I am just lazy.
  • Q-button labels.  I have not spent much time with the Q-button modes because they seem to offer an incomplete menu selection (eg, on my X-10, I used the C1 and C2 buttons to set two common modes: Party and Driving (for avoidance of doubt, that's two modes).  Also, if I had seven useful modes, I would want to label them, either in-camera or plugged into the computer.
  • An actually useful Manual.  This one is pretty skimpy and requires some trial and error to discover/set things - all 1000 of them.  Yesterday, I spent 10 minutes trying to reset the AEL/AFL button to set focus when in Manual Focus mode - I had it set before, but it somehow went away.  I got it back, but am not sure which step reset it.

That said, it is an extraordinary camera.  After just a few months, I am still discovering ways to make it better and having a lot of fun.