Christopher

Adobe Camera Raw 9.1.1 now available - Improved X-Trans Loading

Christopher

Today Adobe released Camera Raw 9.1.1 for Photoshop CS6, CC, and Lightroom. 

Camera Raw 9.1.1 is now available

Camera Raw 9.1.1 is now available through the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC.

New Lens Profiles in Camera Raw 9.1.1

MountName
FujifilmLensbaby Velvet 56mm f/1.6

Fixed Bugs:

• Improved speed of loading Fujifilm X-Trans raw images.
  • Fixed an issue where the slider knob would “jump back to its starting position” when the cursor moves beyond the slider interface.
  • Fixed an issue with occasional visual artifacts in Photoshop after running Camera Raw in GPU mode.

Download Links

Camera Raw 9 – Please use the update mechanism in Photoshop CS6 and Creative Cloud app.

DNG Converter 9.1.1:  MAC | PC

Please note – If you have trouble updating to the latest ACR update via the Creative Cloud application, please refer to the following plugin installation:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Source: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2015/07/camera-raw-9-1-1-is-now-available.html

Has anyone had a chance to try out the new update yet? The big improvement for Fuji X photographers is noted as a bug fix, "Improved speed of loading Fujifilm X-Trans RAW images."

That's definitely been a weak link with processing X-Trans RAW files, they always seem to take so much longer to render compared to traditional camera's RAW files, particularly in Lightroom. I'll be updating my computer soon, I'll report back on speed improvements in Lightroom 5.

K1W1_Mk2

There is also an update for Lightroom CC. I assume that the same issues are being corrected.

Christopher

Yes indeed, Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6 have these same updates. I realized this update might only effect ACR when I Photoshop, but did not update the RAW processing in Lightroom 5.7 on the same system. Bummer!

K1W1_Mk2

Adobe no longer support LR5.7. You are on your own there from now on. AFAIK Photoshop and LR now share the same ACR engine so when Adobe update one the other gets the same update.