luke182w

Marrakech & Ouzoud Falls

luke182w

Hi guys

Thought I'd share with you all my latest blog post after spending 4 nights in Marrakech and a day at Ouzoud Falls.

To say it was challenging to get decent shots in Marrakech would be an understatement. I've never visited somewhere before where the locals seem to be totally against photography. But it made the place that little more interesting and unique :)

It's a gorgeous place and I can't wait to go back sometime in the future. All photos taken with the X100S. Please take a look: http://www.lukewalkerphotog.com/blog/2015/8/12/marrakech-and-ozoud-falls

• Like 1

MadDog

Wow!   You are very talented.   The pictures alone were wonderful (framing, exposure, etc), but with your added commentary it really made for a very special presentation.  This is a great example of what can be done with a single focal length lens.  Thanks for sharing.  

Edited by MadDog

Christopher

Thanks for sharing Luke, these are very interesting to see, I liked reading about your experience as well. It looks like such a colorful place, the tile mosaics on many of the buildings are gorgeous. It's interesting to hear about the locals disliking photographers, no doubt having a discreet X100S offered you some comfort.

• Like 1

fujipete

Pics in Marrakech is a serious pain in the arse !

I spent a week shooting there and in all my travels have never come across so anti picture !

Ive never been mean about giving money for a pic but even that was difficult 

I did ok in the end but wow I really had to work for them !

My pics

http://peteraphoto.com/marrakesh.html

veejaycee

That's the main reason I haven't visited there. To have such a photogenic place but to be looked with suspicion when carrying a camera is too much hassle.

I'll happily sit here and wait for your pictures :P - and very good they are too.

Cameraman51

Really like your images a lot but I found the heavy corner burns distracting.