wew82

Eyecup options for X30?

wew82

Just wondering if anyone has found a compatible eyecup or managed to create a hack for the X30 to accomodate one. I generally prefer the comfort of shooting with an eyecup without light interfereance, and just wondered what (if any) options there are for this.

I realise any hack would likely disrupt the eye sensor of the evf but I can't see this being an issue for me. 

Christopher

I'm not aware of any X30 eyecups available commercially, but you could potentially create your own out of this material called Sugru. It's like a moldable putty that turns into a firm but flexible rubber once it sets. https://sugru.com/about

wew82

I'm not aware of any X30 eyecups available commercially, but you could potentially create your own out of this material called Sugru. It's like a moldable putty that turns into a firm but flexible rubber once it sets. https://sugru.com/about

not seen that before - definitely looks like it could be a solution

Christopher

Now that I think about it, you could maybe buy a generic eye cup, or use an old one from an SLR, and then use Sugru to create a little custom connection between the X30 and the standard eye cup. Then you wouldn't have to test your sculpting skills as hard :)