Davelo

Carrying X-30 on a motorcycle

Davelo

Hi. My not-so-useful X-30 Owner's Manual says to protect my camera from strong vibration. So, is it safe inside a padded Lowes bag inside a tank bag, or must I use the car to get it from point A to point B? Am I worrying needlessly?

K1W1_Mk2

Done tens of thousands on kms (or miles if you wish) on motorcycles with cameras with zero damage to any camera or any lenses. I have carried cameras in tank bags, top boxes, panniers (hard and soft) and in seat mounted bags. I've even simply worn them on a strap around my neck at times.

For my X100s and/or X10 (sometimes I take both) I usually just carry them inside my tank bag wrapped in a polar fleece neck warmer or with spare gloves under the camera between it and the base of the bag. I'm more concerned about keeping the camera away from sharp objects like keys that are floating around inside the bag than I am from vibration induced damage.

Another option I use in my Wolfman tailbag is a layer of closed cell foam in the bottom of the bag to provide insulation from vibration, I also have some closed cell shapes that I use to keep the camera body separate from the lenses and the lenses from each other. I just shove the foam in between the various items.

• Like 1

wessexwanderer

I've carried my X20 in the handlbar bag on a bicycle, over rough country, and so far it hasn't suffered any breakdowns.

The bag is well padded inside and, like K1W1, I make sure there's nothing hard bouncing about with the camera