Alaskanjon92

Fuji X10 -X20 - X30 Bulb setting?

Alaskanjon92

Does anyone know how I can set up my X20 to use bulb setting in manual mode? It's kind of sad that I can buy a crappy 100$ canon point and shoot and have a bulb setting but with my X20 it does not exist. I contacted Fuji and spoke with two different professional reps and they were no help. Maybe there is some sort of hack?

morpheme

As far as I know this is not an offered function because with such a small sensor having a very long exposure would introduce so much noise that the results would be unappealing, therefore they simply don't offer it, so that people don't complain about how bad it is… 

K1W1_Mk2

I also suspect its to do with sensor noise. On the X10 at iso 100 you can select up to 30 seconds exposure in manual mode, at iso 400 you can only select 8 seconds, If it was anything to do with sensor heat you would think the limit would be the same across all iso settings.

If there is an issue its right and proper for the manufacturer not to add features that will create problems both for users and themselves imo. There doesn't seem to be a huge clammer for bulb mode on the X10/20/30 series. I think this is the first post on the issue I can recall seeing.

BTW. Can the OP please identify the "crappy 100$ canon point and shoot" that has bulb mode. I wasn't aware such a camera existed.