camilla

Auto Focus - PROBLEM - CAN'T ACTIVATE IT!

camilla

Hello Guys,

i have a problem with the office's camera, and i hope you can help me to solve the mystery....

We have a fujifilm x-E2 but i can't activate the Auto Focus!! Only in manual...i looked around the web to see how to set it, or if other had my same issue but notting...is a mystery!!!

It looks like if that option is blocked. 

Do you think is possible that my camera is only for manual?!?! 

hope you can help 

best

camilla 

Edited by camilla

K1W1_Mk2

What do you mean you can't activate auto focus? Do you mean you can't move the focus square around the screen or do you mean that when you half press the shutter the focus square does not go green?

What lens are you using? Are you sure that the lens is not set to manual focus?

What position is the focus mode switch on the camera body? AF-C, AF-S or M?

camilla

Thank you for come back to the topic. 

I can move the focus square . I can't change in the menu from Manual to AF, and whatever i'm changing as settings i always have on the screen the MF, and all the time i'm half pressing the shutter is not becoming green.

Edited by camilla

artuk

What lens are you using?

It it's one of the primes with a focus "clutch" on the MF ring on the lens, when it's in one position it's manual Focus only.

Doesn't apply to any of the zooms however, as far as I know.

veejaycee

If you are using the 23mm or 14mm lens on the camera - hold the manual focus ring of the lens and push it forwards away from the camera body.

Chipo

Hello. I have the same problem since yesterday, it is xe 2 with 18-55mm. The focus modr knob dont reakt and you cant Change it from menu.the lense work with x pro 1. Both lense and body are uptodate. Only mode when Autofokus works is ADV Mode and if you push the af l Button 

veejaycee

4 hours ago, Chipo said:

Hello. I have the same problem since yesterday, it is xe 2 with 18-55mm. The focus modr knob dont reakt and you cant Change it from menu.the lense work with x pro 1. Both lense and body are uptodate. Only mode when Autofokus works is ADV Mode and if you push the af l Button 

I think you have your camera setup to use only AFL button to lock auto focus in the menus. It will stay locked until you take a picture then you should be fine - don't press the rear AFL button unless you want to lock focus then recompose. Just use the  shutter button.

artuk
6 hours ago, veejaycee said:

I think you have your camera setup to use only AFL button to lock auto focus in the menus. It will stay locked until you take a picture then you should be fine - don't press the rear AFL button unless you want to lock focus then recompose. Just use the  shutter button.

From memory, you can configure the AFL button to:

- lock AE and AF and stay locked until pressed again

- lock AE and AF only when the button is pressed

and the same for only AE and only AF.  May be worth changing the configuration to avoid future problems (e.g. set to long lock AE when held).

dem

If a factory reset does not cure it, there might be a mechanical problem with the "focus mode knob".

artuk
2 minutes ago, dem said:

If a factory reset does not cure it, there might be a mechanical problem with the "focus mode knob".

I didn't know the XE cameras had an external control ("knob") for focus mode?

dem

That's what Chipo called it. The thing next to the lens with three positions "M-C-S". If you set it to "C" or "S" but the camera thinks that it is set to "M", then we have a problem...

Fujifilm_X_E2_front.jpg

• Confused 1

artuk
2 hours ago, dem said:

That's what Chipo called it. The thing next to the lens with three positions "M-C-S". If you set it to "C" or "S" but the camera thinks that it is set to "M", then we have a problem...

Fujifilm_X_E2_front.jpg

I had forgotten about that switch - Minolta SLRs used to have something similar - to be honest I always found it was a really inconvenient place for it!

sorenlaursen

Hi - I have a similar problem with my X-E2 as described above. Any solution?

Cheers

Soren