GSoro

Troubleshooting X-M1 with EF-42 Shoe Mount Flash

GSoro

Using a Fujifilm X-M1 camera and recently purchased an EF-42 shoe mount flash. I was able to use it successfully a couple of times, but now the flash doesn't go off when shooting. I tried different settings, auto, manual and others and the flash just doesn't go off. The flash does respond to the camera, adjusting in TTL mode, to when I zoom, shuts off when I turn off the camera, so obviously they are communicating.

I tried using a buddy's canon flash on my camera, which didn't work, however, my flash worked on a Canon body.

Not sure what I am missing, certainly hope it is just a setting. Appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

GSoro

Thanks for the response. Didn't look at that before. The camera does have that feature and it was off... so still no flash... 

K1W1_Mk2

Not owning a X-M1 that only other things I can think of is make sure that you have the following turned off.

Bracketing. Any sort of bracketing.

Macro. Some Fuji cameras won't let the flash work when macro is on, most do but worth a try just in case.

Continuous shooting modes. Fuji cameras won't trigger the flash during continuous shooting.

Also  I would set the camera flash selection to forced flash and the flash unit itself to TTL and see what happens.

Edited by K1W1_Mk2

GSoro

All great suggestions, just checked them all and still got nothing. I suppose my next call will be to Fuji. The camera is over a year old and the flash two months. 

Thank you again!!