johnnyno

A good polarizer filter for fuji x-series lens

johnnyno

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good polarizer filter for fuji x-series lens? Thanks

Edited by johnnyno

BarwickGreen

I suspect any circular polariser will work, and it's just down to "you get what you pay for".  I have a Hoya 58mm and a B+W 67mm. The B+W is more solid, but I can't say I've noticed a significant difference in performance.

• Like 1

K1W1_Mk2

You do not need a specific polariser for a Fuji, any polariser will work as good or as bad on a Fuji as it will on any other brand of camera and lens.

What you do need to think about is whether you only want to use the filter on one lens or have it available to use on a range of lenses. If you buy a screw in filter it will by default only fit the diameter of lens it is designed for. One way around this is to buy large diameter (77mm) filters and a set of step up rings that will adapt the filter to any lens that has a smaller diameter. Another option is to use square filters and housings like the Lee filter system for example. Both methods have pros and cons but it is something that needs to be thought through before purchase otherwise you will end up with a draw full of different diameter filters which all do the same thing.

• Like 3

MadDog

For wide angle lenses be sure to purchase a "slim" filter.   These are slimmer (less thick) than traditional filters and hence will eliminate vignetting

• Like 1

jamjam

Consider a system such as Lee or possibly Cokin. Bear in  mind it will have to work with the widest lens you not only have now but might buy in the future.

franco

I use Hoya mainly, but on my wide glass I put on the Cokin Harmonie range. Very thin, optically very good BUT your lens cap will keep falling off...its that thin.

BarwickGreen

One way around this is to buy large diameter (77mm) filters and a set of step up rings that will adapt the filter to any lens that has a smaller diameter.

Yes, my ND 10x and IR filters are 72mm with step-up rings. The down-side to this approach is that you can't use the standard lens hood, so I bought an inexpensive 72mm foldable rubber one which covers most circumstances, you can fold it to three different depths according the the focal length in use.