mac2220

Am I being stupid?

mac2220

I have recently acquired an XT1 body and have been using a Fujinon XC 16mm - 50mm Zoom Kit Lens that came with my XM1. I find that I cannot get the camera to enter P mode

with the lens attached. Is this a peculiarity of the XC lens/ XT1 combination or, as the Title suggests, am I being stupid ?

Petrus

As the lens does not have an aperture ring, you have to be able to set the aperture to A with the camera dial. Is there no "A" setting for the aperture?

I do not have any lenses without an aperture ring or a lever for "A", so I can not test it. And I have never used P setting on my Fuji cameras anyway, like to be able to adjust at least something… (aperture, that is).

• Like 1

Christopher

Petrus is right, you will need to set your shutter speed dial to A as well as the aperture to A. Since there is no aperture ring on the 16-50mm lens, you will need to set the aperture using the front scroll wheel, on the front of the X-T1 near the shutter button. You will need to scroll past the highest aperture value before the camera will reach automatic mode. You will see a P mode icon appear once this is set.

Welcome to the community @mac2220!

• Like 1

mac2220

Thanks a great deal for the quick responses from you both. It seems I was being a bit stupid as I simply didn't scroll past the highest setting !!!! but there you go ! I don't particularly want to use P but was just a bit frustrated that it sisn't seem to be available.

Thank once again

RichardCFrost

It is not stupidity to learn from mistakes. It is human nature.

Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

farrell

I will not use "P" because I'm aperture-oriented.

I will always use the known best aperture of the lens in use unless shooting conditions preclude that.