jezo

A very, very short battery life on x30

jezo

I simply don't understand what they say about those 470 shots per charge. Okay, there may be an element of marketing lie, but my battery is way, way beyond that. I've read a recent discussion here on what exactly consitutes a deviation from advertized , but my case is 50 or 60 shots at best before warning that the battery is about to collapse. This is criminal. It happened three times now in the short time I owned the camera. I charge it overnight with a 2A charger. I think I saw it telling me it did charge to the full. I put it onto power saving mode and that doesn't make much difference. No flash use to speak of. It is so bad that I think there might be a flaw somewhere, but where? What would make battery leak power and is there a way to find that out? Are there any redundant features in processing the shots which are taking a lot of current? Is using external charger better than the 2A charger provided? 4 hours for a charge is also a pretty poor performance. This is by far the biggest bug I've got about this camera described as so good and powerful. My 3 year old Canon of equal size and abilities manages hundreds of shots without anyone even mentioning this as a big milestone.

Christopher

It sounds like there may be an issue with your battery, that is an unusually short battery life. Fujifilm should replace the battery under warranty, but you should consider picking up a spare battery or two as well. 'Generic' NP-95 batteries are made by reputable brands like Wasabi Power, you can get two batteries and a more compact travel charger for around $25: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CRHM5C/.

I always carry a spare NP-95 in my pocket when I'm out shooting with my X100T, though it certainly lasts longer than 50 or 60 shots!

• Like 2

BarwickGreen

I think you have a faulty camera or battery. I don't know how many shots I get from a battery, but it's at least 100 before the first segment on the battery indicator goes out!

oSo

I contacted my supplier about this issue. He asked "Do u know how manufacturer test the batteries?". They shoot non-stop, just click n click with LCD off till the battery is dead. Have u tried? Not me! i am getting 2 spares.