motionbug

Weird purple static in viewfinder and EVF

RichardCFrost

Surely it's just noise? A combination of High ISO, ND filter on and a dark scene. Not sure as I can't see anything on the link ypu provided, Is it supposed to play a video?

farrell

video runs for me from the link, but I can't offer any confidant advice on the matter.

motionbug

Thanks for the feedback. ND filter is on or off and the purple static happens.  Doesn't matter the exposer, any time I press the shutter button I get purple rain :) 

I posted a link to a video and a picture of the video playing all of its on Dropbox and is working

Thanks  

Christopher

That is very unusual. Is the purple noise visible in bright sunlight as well?

I haven't heard of this happening to an X100S, but I suspect it's a hardware defect that will need to be repaired by Fujifilm. You should call your local Fujifilm support number and inquire about the issue, it may be a known defect. They're generally pretty helpful on the phone in my experience.

albertsy2

I saw this same error last week on my x100s. Tried resetting, removing the sd card, battery, etc. It shows up when i press the shutter button but photos come out OK. Sometimes the problem goes away on its own but then it comes back. Probably a hardware problem.... Any update from your call to Fuji?

Edited by albertsy2

veejaycee

I saw this same error last week on my x100s. Tried resetting, removing the sd card, battery, etc. It shows up when i press the shutter button but photos come out OK. Sometimes the problem goes away on its own but then it comes back. Probably a hardware problem.... Any update from your call to Fuji?

Old thread so you may need to DM motionbug

motionbug

@veejaycee 

Hey mate, it started like what I described above and than the camera stopped working... I sent it back to Fuji and they fixed it up for me, there was a problem with the electronics.