Sign in to follow this  
morpheme

Mt. Stuart amid the larches

morpheme

Nothing better than autumn. My favorite season of the year.

21853258606_44b2df0702.jpg

DSCF3231 by jiggumbob, on Flickr

lots more larch madness on my flickr account 

Edited by morpheme
  • Like 2

morpheme

More larches, more mountains, more crisp fall air… love this season

21947923742_ea83a283c3_z.jpgeasypass_pano_sm by jiggumbob, on Flickr

Easy Pass, North Cascades, Washington - "America's Alps"

Edited by morpheme
  • Like 2

kiwiana

Real nice photos. Great colouring and details. You must be really pleased with the Fuji XE1. I am looking at the moment at the XE2 as they are quite reasonable in price here at the moment NZ.$700  Always a dead giveaway for a impending new model coming.

morpheme

Yeah  - I picked up the XE-1 a bit after the release of the XE-2. Packed up with the kit lens the body was nearly free. I've been totally pleased with it. It's tack sharp and light - so it can come up these mountains with me without breaking my back. I took my D700 hiking with me once…. it has a comfy home at work now. I do use a polarizing filter. Without it there would be some haze. 

I'm waiting for the long lens and the teleconverter.

andymcd

Real nice photos. Great colouring and details. You must be really pleased with the Fuji XE1. I am looking at the moment at the XE2 as they are quite reasonable in price here at the moment NZ.$700  Always a dead giveaway for a impending new model coming.

I picked up an X-E2 (to upgrade from an X-E1) a few months ago and I'm very pleased with it. I'd be interested to see if there is a new model in that series (e.g. X-E3) as reports I've read suggested that the X-Ex model range is being replaced by the X-T10 type cameras. Personally, I would like there to be new bodies in the X-E2 form factor as I prefer the ergonomics of it to the X-T10.

morpheme

I picked up an X-E2 (to upgrade from an X-E1) a few months ago and I'm very pleased with it. I'd be interested to see if there is a new model in that series (e.g. X-E3) as reports I've read suggested that the X-Ex model range is being replaced by the X-T10 type cameras. Personally, I would like there to be new bodies in the X-E2 form factor as I prefer the ergonomics of it to the X-T10.

I agree - I'm small with small hands and I like the ergonomics of the X-E line quite well. I know the X-T's are not that much bigger, but I still prefer the cleaner lines and no-prism look on the E's. Not to mention that everyone thinks it's a film camera.. 

How much difference do you see in the focus speed with the XE-2? I'm not that often photographing things were it really makes a difference (I use a manual focus macro lens a lot of the time…) but occasionally for birds and such I do find there's can be a bit of hunting.

Edited by morpheme
  • Like 1

andymcd

I agree - I'm small with small hands and I like the ergonomics of the X-E line quite well. I know the X-T's are not that much bigger, but I still prefer the cleaner lines and no-prism look on the E's. Not to mention that everyone thinks it's a film camera.. 

How much difference do you see in the focus speed with the XE-2? I'm not that often photographing things were it really makes a difference (I use a manual focus macro lens a lot of the time…) but occasionally for birds and such I do find there's can be a bit of hunting.

I only have one AF lens (18/2) and have only used it on the X-E2, never on the X-E1, so I'm not really sure what the AF is like between the two models. There are quite big differences between the two in terms of EVF performance and manual focusing aids.

MarcoDebiasi

@morpheme, I have used both the X-E1 and the X-E2 with the XF 28-85 and the X-E2 has some appreciable focus improvement. Nothing mindblowing though; the focus just feels more responsive. I would say about 50% faster, on the average.

Edited by MarcoDebiasi