Christopher

Community Photo Assignment - Lines - October 2015

I made a stop to charge up my car and noticed this building...I was bored so I started playing around with the Advanced filters and snapped this using the miniature setting.

XT1 with the xf 16mm 1.4 (amazing lens)

IMG_0325.JPG

• Like 1

XPro-1, 14mm XF, f/8.0, 1/8 second, ISO 3200.

010K7858_nx2_1200W.jpg

Nice one Poppa-D. As I see it, the images juxtaposes three different elements. The black triangular swap of the (I believe) wall which makes the stronger of all lines, the lines of the painting, and those of the bicycles. I think that the painting and the black swap would already make an interesting composition on their own. If you have the chance to go back to the same location, it would be really interesting to explore some closer-up framing of these alone. 

Below is my second contribution to this month's assignment.

DSCF2874e_v1s.thumb.jpg.fc75897d5d161ca32.   The image is a night-time capture of the spiraled car-park ramp in my home complex. X-E2 at 1/4s ISO-1600 with XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4.0 at 18mm f/8 .

Edited by MarcoDebiasi
  • Like 2

I finally stepped away from the mushrooms (photographing them!!) long enough to get a shot for this month's assignment. This is part of a new subway station - the overpass part is open, but the station won't be in operation until next spring.

DSCF3804.jpg

• Like 2

Alley Power

DSCF0762_2.jpg

A different angle.

DSCF0764_1.jpg

Is it just me that finds pylons and poles fascinating :)

Nice shots. I prefer the tone of the first and the bottom right corner of the second is a little distracting for me, hence why I prefer the first. Thanks for sharing! More pylons please :)

I was walking by and saw this building that had a look like an angry face, I took some steps back to make sure what I just saw, It was a school with students walking by.

I approached the building to get a tighter frame and waited for some students to passe by, looking at me taking a photo of their school trying not to show up in the photo maybe used to this kind of situation, while I was thinking I hope that that mouth where students come out of doesn't digest their personality...

I just came to this blog through a link on flickr and saw this assignment. Hope this photo qualifies as lines. Thanks.

Nyon Switzerland School.jpg

stuarthatto,

Thank you for the feedback.

In the 2nd image in the right corner, is the rooftop what is distracting or the entire hub with lines?

Feel free to edit if you like.

Thanks again.

Below is my third and last minute contribution to this month's assignment.

DSCF2895e_v1s.thumb.jpg.7e97f4bfc581ac29

3.   Detail of a palm leaf. X-E2 at 1/160s ISO-2000 with Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 macro at f/5.6 .

Edited by MarcoDebiasi
  • Like 1

I was walking by and saw this building that had a look like an angry face, I took some steps back to make sure what I just saw, It was a school with students walking by.

I approached the building to get a tighter frame and waited for some students to passe by, looking at me taking a photo of their school trying not to show up in the photo maybe used to this kind of situation, while I was thinking I hope that that mouth where students come out of doesn't digest their personality...

I just came to this blog through a link on flickr and saw this assignment. Hope this photo qualifies as lines. Thanks.

Nyon Switzerland School.jpg

Miguel, welcome to this forum.

I like this picture as well as the story behind it. The mouth of the building reminds me of that of evil Emperor Zurg from Toy Story 2.  IMO this image well qualifies for this month's assignment.

Edited by MarcoDebiasi
  • Like 1

stuarthatto,

Thank you for the feedback.

In the 2nd image in the right corner, is the rooftop what is distracting or the entire hub with lines?

Feel free to edit if you like.

Thanks again.

I guess what I find distracting is the power line that leads my eye out of the frame to that roof - I dont know how else you could crop it because that line would still lead out of the frame, maybe you could clone it out?