Max

Fuji Film X30 - Card read error when viewing images

Max

Hey,

This is my first post on these forums so apologies if this post haas already been created or this has been posted in the incorrect place.

I've recently purchased the X30, and a brand new San Disk SD for the camera. When viewing the images on the camera I get the error message "read error". The camera is able to store the pictures i've taken, the error messages only seems to pop up when viewing images.

I've formatted the SD card and reset the camera to factory settings however the issue is still happening.

Any help or direction on how to get this fixed would be amazing, as i'm off traveling and want to be able to rely on this beautiful camera!! 

Edited by Max

Christopher

Welcome to the community @Max!

I don't suppose you have, or can borrow, another SD card to verify it is not the card itself?

Unfortunately if the issue occurs with other cards, the camera itself may be defective. Hopefully you're within the a return period to exchange it with your retailer, but otherwise you should still be under warranty.

Also, I presume you are formatting the SD card through the X30's menu system, rather than on your computer?

Max

Hey,

Yes, i've formatted the card using the camera itself. I'm going to take the x30 into a shop and use one of their cards, I think this is the best way of identifying if the issue is with the card or the camera. 

• Like 1