Sign in to follow this  
pominpocket

Disappointment with X10

I used to own a little X 10 and was reluctant to upgrade to a X100 as i could not see a difference in the image quality especially at low ISO.

I gave the X10 to my son when he was 10, but after a while he preferred his phone. A few weeks back my X100S was stolen a real shame as I had decided it was to be my carry around camera for many more years. Also the leather pouch that carried the X10 then the X100S was also stolen. Talk about distressed leather and a distressed camera owner to boot. Except I did not own the camera any more.

Anyway last week I visited Laos and borrowed back my X10. It was like using a toy. In 3 years my eyes also have got worse and the optical view finder was broken so I could not use that. I tried with the LCD instead. All so small and fiddly. The  PASM dial also confused me. I took a fair few shots and just thought they were pretty muddy. Yet some of my old X 10 files are nice.  

When I place the X10 next to my X pro 1 I just want to pick up the X pro 1 and take it with me. 

I intend the get the X100T as my go every where camera as soon as possible.