Walter Fantauzzi

Contax Lens on FUJI X-T1

Walter Fantauzzi

Hi Guys,

I need to use my Contax Lens (Carl Zeiss) mount to my FUJI X-T1.

Any suggestion for the ring adapter?

thanks

W. 

veejaycee

They are excellent lenses and use a compact adapter. Kipon are hit and miss quality but Fotodiox who were producing camera accessories well back into film days are IMO, the best quality of the reasonably priced models (about £45/$75) from amazon in UK or direct if USA and I happily endorse them.

• Like 1

Walter Fantauzzi

They are excellent lenses and use a compact adapter. Kipon are hit and miss quality but Fotodiox who were producing camera accessories well back into film days are IMO, the best quality of the reasonably priced models (about £45/$75) from amazon in UK or direct if USA and I happily endorse them.

Great I'll find it :) thanks

Christopher

When searching for a Contax and Yashica SLR lens mount adaptor, the keyword to use is 'CY to Fuji X' or 'CY to Fujifilm X Mount'. Sometimes I've also seen them labeled as CO/Y to X.

There are quite a few options on eBay, some are only around $10 USD: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcy+to+fx+mount.TRS0&_nkw=cy+to+fx+mount&_sacat=0

677204535_tp.jpg

This is the style of 'generic' adaptor that I use personally with my Pentax lenses. I've had good luck with it so far, I'd recommend this one. They're low priced.

veejaycee

I just realised - there are C/Y, Contax/Yashica adapters as shown by @Christopher while I was referring to Contax G lenses when I said the adapters are particularly compact. so make sure you get the right type.

Walter Fantauzzi

When searching for a Contax and Yashica SLR lens mount adaptor, the keyword to use is 'CY to Fuji X' or 'CY to Fujifilm X Mount'. Sometimes I've also seen them labeled as CO/Y to X.

There are quite a few options on eBay, some are only around $10 USD: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcy+to+fx+mount.TRS0&_nkw=cy+to+fx+mount&_sacat=0

677204535_tp.jpg

This is the style of 'generic' adaptor that I use personally with my Pentax lenses. I've had good luck with it so far, I'd recommend this one. They're low priced.

Oh Great, I did not know the CY acronym.

Thanks a Lot!