If you wanted me to put money on the table I would be saying Photokina September 2016.

The new 24MP  XPro-2 and X-T2 will be out in the first part of 2016 at the early year trade shows like CES then when they get to the big show to end all shows as far as the camera companies are concerned Fuji will release the product that gets them the most kudos, the new rangefinder fixed lens camera.

The original X100 was released at Photokina in September 2010.

The X100s missed Photokina 2012 and was released early 2013

The X1ooT was released at Photokina 2014

• Like 1

That's why I wanted to check, I have a history of buying things then a month later the new version comes out. I doubt they will but I'd be annoyed of the next version was full frame for example.

I'm still in two minds, well three actually...

1) Just buy the X100T 

2) Buy an X-T1 with 35mm 2f lens

3) Save up and just get a Leica Q

I'll continue to decide...

Why save up for a Leica Q when you can have one now? There are a few rental houses in the USA that carry the Q.  Why buy when you can rent the best?  This will allow you to always shoot with the "latest and greatest."   

2) Buy an X-T1 with 35mm 2f lens

A 35mm lens is the equivalent of a X100 plus a TCL-X100 tele adapter. The native X100 series lens is 23mm. FWIW the wide adapter WCL-X100 takes the lens to 19mm.

FWIW if you are considering the X100 then the X-T10+35mm f/2 lens would be much closer than the X-T1 in terms of both size and price (and if you get both in silver people are going to beg you to take their picture just 'cause it looks so good :P)

I would definitely consider the X100T+TCL if I thought I'd be satisfied with 23+35mm f/2, especially since the total size for "both lenses" is insane if you're willing to live with the compromises of the X100x series. Me I know I want to shoot landscapes (16mm f/1.4), bokeh-portraits (35mm f/1.4) and birds (vaporware 100-400mm) so I got the X-T10. I fantasize about getting a X100x as a small second body for general shooting, but so far I haven't had a real need for that. 

Clearly most of us here are deeply biased toward Fuji but seriously, why get a Leica in this day and age? Their latest cameras seem to have nothing over the Fuji's except price, and the older FF cameras are so expensive that the only comparisons are to the new cheaper medium formats  (e.g. pentax). I'd rather invest in M43 than Leica, since Fuji offers everything Leica does at lower prices and fuller feature sets. 

Before you drop the dollars on the German Pixel recorder do an image comparison.

Friends with Leica Monochrome cameras love them - but each says "my fuji takes better photos". They use Leica because it is what they grew up on and are faithful to it. Like how it feels and handles. Still and all they prefer the images from the Fuji X series.