wooster

Sony temptation

I have both Canon and Fuji systems. I like both but I would be lying if I didn't look at Sony/Nikon sensors with some envy. I like the idea of "ISO Invariance" and the Canon 5DS which I had hoped would herald a new phase of Canon's sensor development looks to be just as inferior in this respect and my current 5dmk 3s.

I enjoy the Fuji system very much. It is fun and easy but again I look at Sony and am tempted. The sensor in the above mentioned camera is very very inviting. The lens line up less so.

I am not ready to ditch a DSLR as I still shoot some weddings ( for now )  and portraits where I consider that breed of camera to have substantial advantage for my style of shooting. However, I am considering jumping from Fuji to Sony in the shape of the A7R II. One piece of the rationale being that I can use my considerable array of Canon lenses with this machine.

I keep wondering if the much awaited X-Pro 2 might do something but it isn't going to be FF and I doubt if the characteristics I miss will be there. 

Am I losing the plot here?
Edited by wooster

It's understandable with Sony making it so much easier to use legacy glass - but is it as good as Fuji glass on Fuji bodies.

Hang on until the XP2 arrives (hopefully January) and see what's on offer.

There are lots of pro photographers inc well known people now using Fuji, especially for weddings.

That would be sensible. I've been waiting for the X-Pro 2 for over a year now so hope January brings something. I would like FF though and the Sony sensor is something else. I wouldn't see the Sony glass as being very tempting mind you

I'm sort of tempted to wait until I stop shooting weddings this year ( I'm getting too old! ) and then maybe swap my Canon for the Sony. I can then use the Canon lenses but hold onto the Fuji if the X-Pro 2 is significant. I would be happy to use the Sony ( or Fuji ) in the studio or for families and children 

Edited by wooster