miku

Unable to synchronize Fujifilm XE 2 with Metz 36 AF 4

miku

Hello,

It's my first post, and I honestly have a great hope in finding the right answer.

Before posting anything, I did Google the problem. And I didn't find any reasonable answer.

I got the Metz 36 AF 4 flash for less that 25Euro (NOS)

It works fine with Canon 650d, but I wanna use it in manual mode with Fujifilm XE 2. Nomatter what I do, I cant make it flash with Fuji.

Is there any checklist of settings that I should do, in order to make sure that my Fujifilm XE 2 is set up correctly in order to work properly with an external flash in manual mode?

AFAIK, any external flash that has safe voltage, should work a least in manual mode.

Any advice is appreciated.

morpheme

The first question is always do you have the camera in silent mode? It won't fire the flash at all when in silent. I've a 3rd party flash that I use with my XE-1. It doesn't do TTL, but it works just fine in manual mode. If I'm remembering right it syncs at either 125th for 250th. 

veejaycee

If it has either Nikon hot shoe fit or standard X fit then it should work on the Fuji X cams.

As well as the above post, you should check you are not in a bracket mode or burst mode.

miku

Hello,

No bracket mode, no burst mode, it is Metz dedicated to Canon, but I thought it should work in manual mode.... or not?

Cameraman51

I have a Metz 54 with a canon foot and it works fine.