Light hiking bag with tripod

Deemus

Hey all,

I'm looking for a backpack for light hiking to shoot landscapes with.  Minimal kit with filters and a couple lenses and tripod. I have a lowepro 150 aw but it's not great for when you need to lay it down and get your gear.  Also a bit too small. 

I was thinking the Langly Alpha Pro which seems decent and nice looking. And mostly waterproof. Any recommendations? 

Thank you 

Find a Kelty, even used. They just wear and wear and are repairable. I've seen Kelty hand me downs, passed from parents to kids, when I was back packing a lot more. 

I guess you are the only one who knows what the purpose of the hikes are how long they are and what other gear you carry.

If I'm going for a hike I take a hiking pack either a small 25L or so day pack or a larger one depending on the length of hikes and what the weather is and what survival equipment and food is is required. I put my camera gear inside a small bag in the top of my pack and carry a tripod strapped to the side of the pack using the packs compression straps. I find that when I see a vista I want to photograph the mountain/stream/glade doesn't tend to move very far in the one minute or so I take to get my pack off and get my camera out. If I'm walking somewhere where there are lots of photo ops I carry my camera in my hand or have it around my neck.

If I'm going for a walk for an hour or so specifically to take photos I take a camera bag sized for what I want to use and that could be anything from a small shoulder bag through to a proper pack designed for camera gear.

If I am hiking I would rather carry a properly designed and comfortable pack rather then one that had "ease of use of camera compartments".

Archived