jetory

X-T10 is stuck in auto mode

After using my X-T10 for a few months, it suddenly got stuck permanently in auto mode - the auto mode switch changes nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a hidden software auto mode that overrides the physical auto switch?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tried and unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. Hopefully this is a one off and not something that affects other x-t10's.

Thanks for the suggestion thought - I didn't even consider it.

Hi there Jetory,

My X-T10 has just done the same thing, its stuck in Auto mode and the switch has no effect. What was the outcome from your side?

I am in a pretty remote area, just wondering if you had any luck sorting the issue out.

It sounds like the mechanical Auto switch is broken. Strange when you consider that it is probably the least used switch. It's not the first time I heard of this happening. You may be able to move the switch to the off position if you can lift the top plate of the camera then, not use auto again. You can still set each of - aperture, shutter speed and ISO to auto.

Have you recently knocked or bumped the camera at all, if so it's most likely a mechanical issue and will have to go in for service. I had a similar problem with my X-E3 last November, only had it a couple weeks and while in my messenger style camera bag, it fell off the couch onto the floor upside down (no padding in the flap you see) and my focus selector got stuck on AF-C. 

Fortunately for me, Fujifilm UK were good enough to fix it under warranty even though it was my fault.