Custy

blue fringing problem

Custy

Can anyone suggest what I have done wrong and/or how to solve this blue fringing?   photo is 100% enlarged from sooc jpeg.  Shot on NegHigh, NR -2, HiTone -2, SoftTone -2, Colour 0, Sharp 0, standard zoom at 18mm, 1/125 f4, 200 iso ?

Thanks

XT1A4341.jpg

veejaycee

Chromatic aberrations? Did you use a 3rd party lens by any chance?

CAs usually show most in high contrast situations such as branches against sky. Some software such as LR will remove it most of it automatically but some 3rd party lenses i.e. Nikon 135mm f2.8 AI and Nikon 180mm f2.8 AIS suffer from this problem on Fuji sensors to a degree so great that it cannot be entirely removed even manually (my personal experience). Many other Nikon lenses don't suffer the problem.

Edited by veejaycee

Custy

Hi veejaycee,

Thanks for your reply.   I used the fuji 18-55 kit zoom.  Tried Lr but it doesn't do much, used 'Lens Correction/Colour/Defringe/Chromatic abberation.  I also have capture 1 so will try that but it is such a huge fringe aberation I doubt it will be much better.  I wonder if a better camera/exposure setting would have helped.

morpheme

I don't know… but that looks less like chromatic abberation and more like the color shift you should see because some of the upper branches are in shaded and some are in sun. CA usually has a harder edge to it and really looks like a ghost image. Your branches look well defined, just a bit blue. Try adjusting the color balance in the just the shadows or using the selective color adjustment if you'd like to warm the shadow areas up.

Custy

Thanks morphene

That works well.  Luckily it is winter so the WB change giving the branches a brown hue works well.  Too fidelley to only go between the twigs.  Below is the result plus the orig.  Also a 100% treated in Capture1 with their defringe (much better than Lr !!) and pulling back the blues a bit.    Not a great shot anyway and thanks for the lesson.   I was with a friend with his beloved Rollicord on a walk-about shoot for him to see just how good digital is nowadays, especially Fuji - embarassing!   Have to say I am using Capture 1 more and more now and use Lr only as a library - and - I don't appreciate their standing order policy.  How much will it be per year in the future?   I think the bean counters have taken over Adobe.

C1 - XT1A4341.jpg

XT1A4341.jpg

XT1A4341-2.jpg