DaveH

First job with Fuji gear!

DaveH

Did my first paid job yesterday with my Fuji gear after switching from DSLR's. I used my XE2 with the 16-50, 50-230 and my Rokkor 55mm f1.7. A couple of YN560iii flashes in a softbox triggered by a YN565tx. Manual focusing was fun with 2 tennis balls in my hand! Edited in LR and PS, still got a bit of work to get my workflow down but getting there. Really pleased with how they came out and the camera is such a joy to use:)

SEB-109_web.jpg

SEB-76_web.jpg

SEB-90 web.jpg

SEB-102_web.jpg

• Like 3

MarcoDebiasi

Hi Dave,  great job! The last image in particular is a lovely and expressive dog portrait.

Just a curiosity: are the lower canines missing their tip because of an accident or were they clipped on purpose (it is strange the tip is missing in the same measure both on the left and right tooth).

DaveH

Hi Dave,  great job! The last image in particular is a lovely and expressive dog portrait.

Just a curiosity: are the lower canines missing their tip because of an accident or were they clipped on purpose (it is strange the tip is missing in the same measure both on the left and right tooth).

Thank mate :) No idea about the teeth, I only noticed myself when I was editing them. 

The images look fantastic! Well done!

Thank you :)

RichardCFrost

Great shots but, is it just me, or is there way too little contrast on these images. It's almost like I am looking at a shot of a canvas print with some light reflecting off. Perhaps this is the style you are after but I am finding them too soft for my liking.

• Like 1

DaveH

Great shots but, is it just me, or is there way too little contrast on these images. It's almost like I am looking at a shot of a canvas print with some light reflecting off. Perhaps this is the style you are after but I am finding them too soft for my liking.

I can see where you are coming from mate, they do look different but if you look at them again there's actually rather a lot of contrast in them, it's just the look I went for with these.  I don't tend to do cooky cutter editing, go with what feels right for each job and these days you've got to be different to stand out. Anyway people seem to like them judging by the amount of inquiries I've had after putting them on my FaceBook business page :) 

• Like 1

veejaycee

I thought they looked odd too but as no one else mentioned it I decided it must be me. I even re-calibrated my monitor. :wacko:

• Like 1

DaveH

I thought they looked odd too but as no one else mentioned it I decided it must be me. I even re-calibrated my monitor. :wacko:

lol Sorry if you re-calibrated your monitor because of these! I was going for a sort of painted look without using the art filters which can look over the top. Oh and I'd say different rather than odd ;) 

• Like 1

RichardCFrost

lol Sorry if you re-calibrated your monitor because of these! I was going for a sort of painted look without using the art filters which can look over the top. Oh and I'd say different rather than odd ;) 

Yeah, I was going to say they have a painted look to them. That is the right description. If that is what you was going for, then I'd say you nailed it.

Number 2 is my favourite, a great pose. Number 3 makes him look cross eyed, probably because he is focussing on the end of your lens. Perhaps zooming in from further away would correct that.

I love Number 4 too. It looks like he has just shared a little secret with us is checking our reaction.

I love dogs.

• Like 1

Earbypics

Here's an image from my home portrait shoot yesterday... this is Zoja, she's 5-months old and was very happy to be photographed by my X-E2 and Fujinon 60mm, both of which arrived on Saturday!

LLI10160.JPG

• Like 1