franco

Chinese New Year (with XE-2 version 4.0)

franco

Just a quickie set taken at Chinese New Year in London last weekend. First time I really put the XE-2 with the new firmware through its paces. Overall, I'm very impressed - the AF speed on the old 60mm, for example, is much MUCH better (most of the street work in this set were taken with it). The new interface took some time to get used to - but if that's the price you pay for a far snappier camera, I'm cool with that.

Still loving that Samyang/Rokinon 12mm too - was so close to the parade I really needed it. And its SO sharp...

http://capitalfaces.com/2016/02/20/china-town-for-the-new-year-monkey/

Cheers all - a great weekend to all of you. :-)

Edited by franco
  • Like 2

veejaycee

A nice set Matt. Unfortunately, although I can walk, I can't stand in one place for long before my back gives out but it's good to see your results.

I assume the final 3 whose exif show as 50mm are the 12mm Samyang images. They too are excellent.

Time now to get warmed up for our FA cup game against Hull.

RichardCFrost

Time now to get warmed up for our FA cup game against Hull.

@veejaycee

Hmm. I'm guessing neither of you wanted that result.  Still, it keeps Hull distracted whilst my Burnley sneak up behind them in the Championship.

@franco

Lovely set of images, so sharp and vibrant. I think that Samyang 12mm might be the lens to complete my set. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by RichardCFrost

franco

@veejaycee

Hmm. I'm guessing neither of you wanted that result.  Still, it keeps Hull distracted whilst my Burnley sneak up behind them in the Championship.

I confess - I have some good friends up your way, and have been to Turf Moor a few time. I think we'll be playing you in the league next season. Im a huge Sean Dyche fan - I said to my mate up there that the team was in good hands, when he first took over.

And you're right - I think I speak for Vic too when I say we were disappointed. Still got tomorrow to come though....

@franco

Lovely set of images, so sharp and vibrant. I think that Samyang 12mm might be the lens to complete my set. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Richard - 12mm Samyang is one of, if not THE, best bargain out there for X users right now.