Les-star

Xpro 2 heating up

I just received my xpro2 last night. I noticed after customizing it (30-40mins) the camera feels hot. Noticeably hot similar to when you are on your smartphone for long periods of time. Predominantly around the LCD and noticeable when I put my eye to the viewfinder.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I even switched the display to only viewfinder with eye sensor and same issue. Tried on standard and high performance mode.

i've had all other x bodies (xt1. X100t) and they had no issues.

please let me know if this is normal.

thx

Edited by Les-star

I experienced the same on a job the other day. I have felt it with the XT1 before too but this felt warmer. Maybe just me being more sensitive too it and observant given it was the first time out with the XP2 for work. 

I am guessing the processor is over in the bottom left maybe? I know UHS 2 cards get very hot too and that is also noticeable in the XT1 also - I'd guess the processor and cards aren't too close to one another?  It didn't seem to affect performance. The camera just feels 'snappier'. No pun intended. Just a little quicker at everything. 

I experienced the same on a job the other day. I have felt it with the XT1 before too but this felt warmer. Maybe just me being more sensitive too it and observant given it was the first time out with the XP2 for work. 

I am guessing the processor is over in the bottom left maybe? I know UHS 2 cards get very hot too and that is also noticeable in the XT1 also - I'd guess the processor and cards aren't too close to one another?  It didn't seem to affect performance. The camera just feels 'snappier'. No pun intended. Just a little quicker at everything. 

I was able to get my xpro2 replaced and the new unit does not have this issue! My first copy the entire body heated up after 40mins. Including the handgrip area. The new body stays cool although I do notice that the bottom warms up a bit. Nothing that affects its performance. :)

Sounds to me like there were some bad batches released early on.

I've also experienced this (and a number of other weird bugs and faults) - it might just be my camera, but there does seem to be a known issue whereby the XPro-2 heats up when under heavy use (not sure what they consider 'heavy' use but over the past 48 hours I've shot two jobs of 4 hour duration each with the X-Pro2 as my back-up camera, so it was getting used regularly across that time-frame but only about 30-40% of the time).

What I experienced: if I was shooting a 'burst' of single shot images (I rarely use continuous shooting mode) the body would heat up rapidly. 

Frustratingly this seemed to lead to error warning BR5 whereby the shutter freezes frequently and the camera asks to be switched off and on again. Very annoying.

Suffice to say my body is now packed for its second (!!) return to dealer for fault servicing via Fuji.

I have to say I wouldn't be as annoyed/frustrated if the camera was poor but it's not, it's truly a step up in many ways and certainly for me, as a pro using it as a back-up for specific types of editorial job, if these hardware glitches can be sorted it will become a mainstay of my kit (as the X-Pro 1 did).

I think Fuji may have a number of returns for fault repair/replacement for a while - moreso I think than when the X-Pro1 was released, which although buggy didn't seem to suffer from the number of hardware glitches that are being reported?

Edited by jamesbellorini