excalibur2811

Lens storage

excalibur2811

So far I have been keeping my X lenses in the plastic bag they came in, together with the absorbent bag, and then putting all this in the soft bag provided with the lens.

However, yesterday, while I was showing my kit to a colleague who is a semi-pro photographer (with 4 bodies and occasional commissions), he told me that i should NOT keep the lenses in the plastic bags, due to possible issues with static.

On reflection, common sense would suggest that any bags used by Fuji for their lenses would be designed to be anti-static.

(I do appreciate that my current system takes longer since I need to unwrap etc, but then I don't really do much lens changing in the field and keeping the lenses in the cloth bag seems to me a bit more risky since the bags have no fastening of any sort and are not really all that padded either.)

Can anyone comment on this issue of lens storage please? Any good or bad experiences, or words of advise?

Thanks.

Edited by excalibur2811

veejaycee

When I get a new lens, all the bags and paraphernalia go back in the box along with anything else I won't use such as Fuji lens caps hoods, camera straps etc. From then on my cameras and lenses are kept ready for use in one of my several bags. Apart from checking the glass for dust/smears the lens bodies might get a quick an occasional wipe over unless they get wet.