Sign in to follow this  
Fuji Bloke 58

X 10....very impressed.

Fuji Bloke 58

Well hello everybody, im new here.

Just purchased a little X10 in mint condition to use as a little walkabout and im massively impressed so far.

Ive just uploaded a few test images, taken today into the  street gallery.

Edited by Fuji Bloke 58
clarification of gallery
  • Like 1

Fuji Bloke 58

You will love it, great little camera.

I already do, thank you.:)

A few quirks , but easy to overcome and for what it is produces some nice images.

I bought it just as a walkabout and intend getting an X100 to partner it very soon.

flashbang

I have used an X-10 for several years and love it. I carry it just about all the time. I have traveled with it, shot a couple of travel magazine pieces with it and occasionally sell prints shot with it. Works out that I have more than paid for my last few vacations with photos shot with my X-10.

My one 'concern' with the design was one shared by all similarly sized cameras: they can really be hard to get a good grip on, especially with my mitts. I added a homemade grip and cobbled out a thumb rest similar to the 'thumbs up but marginally different to fit my hand just a bit better. Other than a clear filter to protect the lens, I don't carry any other accessories, but I always do travel with a back-up camera. For the past few years has been a similar type from another maker that I picked up at a yard sale for an embarrassingly low price.

Anyway, my trusty X-10 has started to show some signs of wear and I considered replacing it with an X-30; even used one for a bit, but just did not like the 'feel' of it. Guess I have reached the age where I like working with familiar gear. Anyway, I lucked out on a near mint X-10 that I found on e-Bay. Price was about half of the X-30. 'Old' X-10 will now be my back-up on next trip.   

Fuji Bloke 58

Iv'e sold it and bought an X100....it's in a different league.

• Like 1