Sign in to follow this  
iSilentP

An image I shot last summer with X-T1 and 55-200 made it on Flickr Explore

An image I shot last summer with X-T1 and 55-200 made it on Flickr Explore

Humbled to have one of the images I captured with the X-T1 and the 55-200 lens featured as one of 500 images for the day on Flickr Explore!

Lorain Harbor Lighthouse - in Explore April 08, 2016

• Like 2

Tony, in its simplicity this is a very captivating and beautiful image that well deserves being liked by many. It would be nice if you could also add for us some information on the subject and how it was captured. Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Tony, in its simplicity this is a very captivating and beautiful image that well deserves being liked by many. It would be nice if you could also add for us some information on the subject and how it was captured. Thank you for sharing.

OK. Sorry about that. Here is the information:

The Lorain West Breakwater Light, also called the Lorain Harbor Light, is a lighthouse in Lorain, Ohio. The light was built in 1917 on Lake Erie by the United States Army Corps of Engineers.

Think this was my first outing with the Fuji 55-200 and more of test shot. I have seen other images of the lighthouse from other photographers and had added this spot on my list. I knew the sky was going to be beauty to capture and also discovered through the Photographer's Ephemeris tool that the sun would sunset just to the right of the lighthouse.  Seemed like a great opportunity to put the 55-200 through its paces.  I used the X-T1. f/6.4 1/350s 164mm. I believe it was handheld.  It was taken from the pier at Lake Erie facing NW. 

The image has been sitting in my LR catalog since last August (2015). Stumbled across it as I was converting from 5.4 to 6.x.  Post-processed: NIK Color Efex Pro and then cropped and moderate black adjustment inside of LR. 

• Like 1