DjFunkMike

Shutter count, Xpro2

veejaycee

I don't think the X-Pro2 is any more able to show a true shutter count than any other Fuji or Mirrorless. Both Adobe Bridge and Opanda used to show the true count on my Nikons but not the Fujis.

For your own benefit you can keep the counter on continuous (in the initial setup) but it is not something you can rely on when buying or selling.

DjFunkMike

What the? Why did Fuji let this be? There should be a way to find out.

veejaycee

I believe it is a thing with all mirrorless. But there is a genuine reason for it - annoying as it is.

Shutter count is actually an actuation (that's what you look for in Adobe bridge) and whereas in a DSLR that includes a mirror flapping up and down, MLC does not but there are a lot things which count as an actuation in a MLC so the actuation figure if counted, could easily show a multiple of the actual shutter movements -  I read that even switching on/off would count as an actuation. We also now have electronic shutters so how would that affect the count. It may be better to consider that if your shutter fails you are probably way behind in photographic technology. I have heard of some shutters of MLCs failing but through mal-manufacture usually early on in their life not from the amount of use.

I think most users realise that a stated shutter count when buying or selling a used MLC is no indication of the amount of use it has had.