Mihir

Service Review (Work in Progress)

Mihir

Hi,

Last week, I had a sudden bout of clumsiness, which happens every now, with x100s in my hands. Result: it fell down landing bottom plate first on a marble floor. It still takes the pictures, but the battery lock (orange little thing which holds your battery) broke. So today I took it to the fujifilm service centre and asked them to check for other damage and replace this little lock. I was told that the lock can't be replaced, but the whole battery assembly will be replaced, costing around approx US$ 45. Lets hope they don't find anything else.

I will review the service process and update on this thread. Post sales support is a very important part of buying a camera, especially expensive x series. I have heard that fuji does a much better job than Sony and hopefully they live up to the rumours in my case. 

Anyone has any similar experience or any tips on what else should i get checked or serviced? 

Update 6 May: Got my camera back, since they took couple of days to confirm that the replacement part is not in India and they will be requesting it from Japan. I have been told that it will take 20 days or so for it to reach here and they will call me when it does. Interestingly the service centre in Mumbai had one technician, who had to co-ordinate everything with the main service office near Delhi. Surprisingly, Mumbai (Bombay) is the commercial capital and film industry is based here and one would assume they would have a full fledged service facility. Anyways, as per Christopher's advice, got the OVF cleaned. So the waiting starts. 

Edited by Mihir
update on the situation.
  • Like 1

MarcoDebiasi

Mihir, sorry to hear about your misadventure. Unfortunately the hard fall your camera had seems to be one of those that can create a lot of damage. If not, it would be a testament of the quality of construction of the X100 series. However if it does, I hope your Fujifilm service center will do  a good job in fixing it at an honest price. I wish you all the best and keep us posted.

• Like 2

Christopher

It's likely that they will already do this, but you might request for them to clean the OVF of dust, while it's there, if any is found.

• Like 2