DerekFlint

X100T Image Size / Quality Problems

DerekFlint

I have recently bought an X100T but rented another X100T for a week prior to buying and did not have a problem. However, have a problem with selecting Image Size / Quality which I can't figure out. Have searched the internet and these forums but can't find an answer. Here's the problem.

When I set the Image Size and Quality (e.g., L3:2 and Raw F) in either the Q Menu or Main Menu, it changes when I leave the menu or turn off the camera (typically changes to S 3:2 and Raw N). I have the camera set in single shot mode; not silent mode; mechanical shutter, have not made any custom settings.  In fact I have noticed that several times all of the settings in the Q Menu will revert back to default when turned on.

Wondering if this is due to a setting, is normal or do you estimate the camera is functioning improperly?

Any help appreciated-apologies if this has already been asked.

veejaycee

In main menu choose image size L3:2, press OK, press Display back - scroll down to Quality and choose F and Raw, press OK, press Display Back.

However if you have set the auto ISO to extended ISO above 6400 - this is only available for JPGs - to shoot raw set auto ISO to max 6400. There are some other modes that you can shoot in jpg only so if the above doesn't work you need to check your manual's fault finding page. I don't have the X100T so I'm going by the downloaded manual and how my XT1 works.

DerekFlint

Thanks but only have AutoISO set to 3200. Anybody know of any other settings conflicts?

veejaycee

Do your other settings - time date frame number also revert or do they continue as they should? The camera has a small battery which feeds from the normal one to maintain your settings while the camera is turned off. If this battery is not working then you will lose all of your settings when the camera is turned off. In that case the camera would need to be returned for a new battery to be fitted.

If a user setting is the issue you could try this: make a note of your settings then reset to factory defaults and re-enter your preferences beginning with size/quality, checking now and then if anything affects your size quality setting.

• Like 1

K1W1_Mk2
On 5/20/2016 at 1:05 PM, DerekFlint said:

When I set the Image Size and Quality (e.g., L3:2 and Raw F) in either the Q Menu or Main Menu, it changes when I leave the menu or turn off the camera (typically changes to S 3:2 and Raw N). I have the camera set in single shot mode; not silent mode; mechanical shutter, have not made any custom settings.  In fact I have noticed that several times all of the settings in the Q Menu will revert back to default when turned on.

Your post is confusing.

Do you want to shoot RAW only or RAW + Jpeg or Jpeg only?

If you are shooting RAW only there is no control over aspect ratio or image size. RAW is RAW is RAW and you get a RAW 3:2 image when you push the shutter.

If you are selecting RAW F on the menu that means you are shooting RAW + Jpeg F(ine) and you will get two images for each shutter press a RAW one and a Jpeg Fine image with whatever Jpeg settings are selected.

If you want Jpeg only select FINE or NORMAL then select the other Jpeg related settings like image aspect ration and compression.

The changes in the menu when turning off the camera may be because you have custom menu settings set up and the camera is reverting to those when you exit the menu or turn the camera off and on.

• Like 1

artuk

I understood from others comments elsewhere that the menu system now allows some kind of profiles in the Q menu? If so, are any changes being overridden by other settings such as profiles (as K1W1 suggests)? Or are there other ways/places to set raw, quality and size which can over ride each other or not remain permanently?