Buck777

X-T2. June 14th! Apparently. Get your wallets warmed up!

Christopher

Wow, sooner than I expected. I'll have to hide my wallet, I have an expensive habit of pre-ordering first thing.

I'm curious to see what features they add on top of what we've seen in the X-Pro2.

artuk
2 hours ago, Christopher said:

Wow, sooner than I expected. I'll have to hide my wallet, I have an expensive habit of pre-ordering first thing.

I'm curious to see what features they add on top of what we've seen in the X-Pro2.

probably none - just different body style with the newer sensor

robthebruce

It will probably have panorama mode, whereas the X-Pro 2 I believe, does not have this feature.

farrell

The 24mpx sensor of the xpro2 is indicated;I will be very interested in the price.

enghell

This is supposed to be the official date for it to be announced, not for it to be released. 

I'm mostly curious to see if they have actually fixed the things that needed to be fixed on the X-T1. 

raagamuffin

The date I saw on some sites was July 7th. Whatever it is, the release is imminent. Lets see how it pans out in terms of feature updates and innovation. 

snype719
On June 11, 2016 at 4:08 AM, enghell said:

This is supposed to be the official date for it to be announced, not for it to be released. 

I'm mostly curious to see if they have actually fixed the things that needed to be fixed on the X-T1. 

And what is wrong with the X-T1?

veejaycee
9 hours ago, snype719 said:

My goodness! Did you not know that all pictures taken with the XT1 after the introduction of the XT2 will immediately become so soft, colourless, blurred and bland that no one will ever look at them.

I'd like the XT2 for the joystick, faster AF, articulated screen (really useful as you get older for those awkward low shots). While 24mp would allow more scope for cropping I (and most us), rarely print these days and even rarer do I need print larger than 16mp allows. If your pictures mainly go on a screen or the web you don't need 24mp.

I certainly won't be rushing out to buy new at full price. My XP1 handles everything but action stuff and my XT1 handles that and zoom work very capably.

• Like 1

farrell
14 hours ago, veejaycee said:

My goodness! Did you not know that all pictures taken with the XT1 after the introduction of the XT2 will immediately become so soft, colourless, blurred and bland that no one will ever look at them.

I'd like the XT2 for the joystick, faster AF, articulated screen (really useful as you get older for those awkward low shots). While 24mp would allow more scope for cropping I (and most us), rarely print these days and even rarer do I need print larger than 16mp allows. If your pictures mainly go on a screen or the web you don't need 24mp.

I certainly won't be rushing out to buy new at full price. My XP1 handles everything but action stuff and my XT1 handles that and zoom work very capably.

Thanks for pointing out the Fuji Global global conspiracy to disable the previous model when the next is 

announced.

We should all be leery of wifi file transfer.

Very, very leery.

enghell
On 14 June 2016 at 2:12 AM, snype719 said:

There's nothing wrong with the X-T1. It's a great camera most of the time and I've been very happy with it and it'll still keep on being a great camera, and I'll use it as a second X body when I've received my X-T2 (hopefully soon). That doesn't mean that there aren't need for improvements like: 

Autofocus . It has been improved from when I bought the X-T1 about 2 years ago, but it's still not on par with for example the Canon 5D MkIII that I have. And I'm not only talking about speed, but accuracy as well, not only for moving targets but while shooting under tricky lighting conditions with very shallow depth of field where there is very little room for mistakes. But is supposed to be much better on the X-T2 and is of course connected to the new and improved sensor. And while 50% increase in resolution and even better dynamic range than the X-T1 is great, autofocus improvement is the single most important one for me.

Performance on high ISO. I avoid using ISO over 1600 since it's not very good. And at 6400 it's totally useless  because of weird smearing of details and artefacts through some in camera noise reduction even on RAF files (I've never shot a single jpeg, only shoot RAF). Noise can be dealt with, but weird artefacts and smearing just ends up with shots being useless. 

Flash Sync. Also better on the X-T2

1/8000 mechanical shutter speed (also on the X-T2), for easier avoiding the rolling shutter effect with moving targets. 

I don't see locking mechanisms for the shutter speed and ISO dials as a problem like others seems to, so I don't care about those improvements on the X-T2 that much, not the height of them either, not even with gloves on. Two SD-card slots is a good improvement as well, but not a deal breaker. The "joystick" for moving autofocus point is welcomed, I've had that on my DSLRs for the last 12 years or so, os it's a nice feature and will make it faster and easier to move the focus point around. 

These are improvements, not something that makes the X-T1 less than it is today... 

4K video on the other hand just made a stills camera unnecessary expensive.

• Like 1