Hi all,

I'm just wondering if there are any Sydney-siders using an X-Pro2? I'm teetering about getting one but having had very little exposure to the X-Pro line it would be nice to be able to meet up with someone who has used it a bit and to actually get a bit of a look and feel for the system. I used to have a Contax G system and I'm imagining the X-Pro2 will be similar but without actually getting my hands on one it's hard to know. Going to a camera store is next to useless - they're reluctant to even put a battery in a new body...

I looked into hiring one but DigiDirect in Sydney has a minimum hire time of 6 months at $145/month and I don't really want to spend close to $900 just to try it out. If anyone knows where I could hire one for a week I'd be all over it.

Anyway, if there's any X-Pro2 users in Sydney who'd be willing to meet up somewhere and let me paw their camera for 10 minutes it would be greatly appreciated - I'd be happy to spring for a coffee or snack.

I had a brief look at the X-Pro 2 when purchasing a Fujinon 23mm f1.4 several weeks back. It seemed to me to be a hefty piece of metal to handle for an extended time. Solid, yes. But weighty. 

My dream camera would be an X-E3, 24 mp sensor. 

1 hour ago, robthebruce said:

I had a brief look at the X-Pro 2 when purchasing a Fujinon 23mm f1.4 several weeks back. It seemed to me to be a hefty piece of metal to handle for an extended time. Solid, yes. But weighty. 

My dream camera would be an X-E3, 24 mp sensor. 

Yes, that would be nice. I've given up on the dream of a full frame X-Pro but that's another story.

On 6/11/2016 at 6:59 AM, kakman said:

Yes, that would be nice. I've given up on the dream of a full frame X-Pro but that's another story.

I and robthebruce would like to see the same camera.

I don't really think Fuji will offer a new line of lenses to cover a 35mm-size sensor.

I have a D810 and it's a great camera, but really kinda overkill, but I do have a

shipload of FF lenses designed for it.

The capabilities of my 24mpx D7100 have convinced me that a 24mpx APS-C 

sensor can do great things.