Iansky

Weston Super Mare air day

Iansky

A fellow photographer and myself went to Weston on Sat for the air day, good journey down, easy parking and dry!  Having said that it was overcast and hazy so not the best day for clear images especially when using the 100-400+1.4 convertor that only amplifies the haze!

It did stay dry if not a little windy but all in all a superb day with some good flying.

The tracking on the XP2 worked well even when zoomed all the way out to 840mm equivalent!!

Here are some of the images from the day and apologies for it being image heavy.

large.576807d14c9dd_Weston7.jpglarge.576807f5dda2e_Weston15.jpglarge.57680828501bc_Weston23.jpglarge.576808507fe69_Weston25.jpglarge.57680885ad80f_Weston26.jpglarge.576808b0224ab_Weston38.jpglarge.576808f515e2b_Weston44.jpglarge.5768091a93322_Weston46.jpg

• Like 1

artuk

fantastic!

I remember Weston Air Day from when I was young during summer holidays. Your pictures are better than the ones I took with my 110 pocket camera!

I like the third and fifth especially.

Iansky

Ha ha, Thanks Artuk and it is a big relief to hear you say you think my photos are better than the ones you took with your 110 compact as a young lad................phew.

Great relief and at least I know I will not have to find another hobby.......yet!

ChrisPoole

Great pictures. I bought a 100-400 last week and am slowly getting to grips with it. May I ask whether your images were taken hand-held? Any chance of seeing the metadata with some of them? My early trials using the lens on an XT-1 have been OK with no sign of camera shake even at quite slow shutter speeds. I am having some issue with the DoF though. 

Regards

Chris

Iansky

Hi Chris,

All images taken hand held and mostly with the 1.4 convertor so full frame equivalent of 210 - 840mm.

With the convertor I was trying to use f9 (f8 without convertor) but the light was changing - very happy with the lens  - just hope you got the convertor as well it makes a stunning combo.

• Like 1

ChrisPoole

Thank you. I haven't bought the converter yet but have had a little more success with the lens as I get used to it. I'm finding that it does perform remarkably well even hand held at relatively slow shutter speeds - and I'm by no means the steadiest person.

Chris

Iansky

Glad to hear you are pleased with the lens, I also have a full frame kit with the Tamron 150-600 (Fuji 100-400 full frame equivalent) but the Tamron needs a monopod as it such a big and heavy lens so the Fuji really outperforms it in sense of size, weight and OIS capability.

I have also found the lens to be great for nature shots as the close focus is down to 1.7m so allows some nice close photos - here is the link to some of my dragonfly images with the lens (so versatile).

http://571photography.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/lower-mill-and-north-meadow.html

The more you use it, the more you will like it!