Iansky

Castle Combe Race Circuit.

Iansky

I was at Castle Combe circuit yesterday to put the XP2 + 100-400 through it's paces on a clearer day than the Weston Super Mare air day, the camera and lens combo performed perfectly and using zone focus+ high speed (8 fps) seemed the best combo to track the cars and capture the action.

All images are hand held (it is such a great combo that can be hand held easily).

I am very happy with the results.

large.576ff2707507a_CastleCombe2.jpglarge.576ff275630df_CastleCombe5.jpglarge.576ff27ebc25a_CastleCombe8.jpglarge.576ff28409c8b_CastleCombe9.jpglarge.576ff291d83fb_CastleCombe13.jpglarge.576ff2a18e068_CastleCombe18.jpg

• Like 1

Christopher

Interesting subject matter, it looks like it was a nice warm summer day!

How do you feel about the handling of the X-Pro2 combined with the 100-400mm lens? Do you use any additional hand grip?

• Like 1

Iansky

Hi Christopher,

The X-Pro2 + 100-400 work really well together but I personally find I need to use the Fuji grip and also a Thumbs Up grip to help support the combo.

The image stabilisation is incredible and the results from the combo are superb - alas these are only 300pixel images from a 54mb Tiff so some quality loss is unavoidable.

• Like 1

artuk

Some nice shots Ian, though not a subject I feel very able to comment on.

Very clear and sharp - I assume quite high shutter speeds to freeze the cars movement?

your panning is much better than mine, which always has an object half out of the frame!