Mokhtar

X-Pro2 Freezing on Startup (Black Screen) and more...

Sup Guys ! 

My X-Pro2 is Freezing up on me and its pretty annoying since i was so happy with it when i first got it. So far there are two scenarios where the camera freezes:

1- Turn on the camera, screen remaining black, i can see that the screen is on but its black. 

2- While i am shooting, either in live view or EVF ON, i see that the refresh rate is glitchy and then suddenly the frame freezes with whatever what was on the screen. 

So far the only solution is to remove the battery, wait a few seconds, and then pop it back in. And sometimes, this does not work. Even when i try a few times to remove the battery.

This started happening after firmware update, I have a feeling this has to do with High-performance mode. In Standard performance it never happens. 

Anyone else is having the same issue ? 

I think there is a menu option to completely reset the camera

you could also try using a different memory card in the camera.

How did you get on with this problem. My XE2 done much the same. I bought it new. It had Version 1.0. I upgraded it to the latest firmware, worked fine for about an hour, then could'nt turn off, had to take the battery out. Put the battery back in but would not turn on properly. No image on the LCD but the information was there, so was partly working. Tried everything but to no avail. Sent it to Fuji New Zealand then had a phone call from Fuji to say there was no problem. Told them to hold it for a few days so they they could check it now and again. The only explaination they could come up with it may have been a corrupted card. Got it back and I works as it should. Thank goodness!

i re-installed the firmware, After the first attempt it still did the same thing.

But after second second try it seems it has done the trick, So Far !

let me know if this helps since information about this on the web is very limited.