franco

X-Pro 2 Firmware coming in October.

franco

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n160707_04.html

I think this wont surprise anyone, but the latest firmware for the X-Pro 2 is coming in October, putting it up there with whatever the XT-2 does better. OCTOBER!! I cant wait three months!!

Nice one Fujifilm. 'double flag ship' now, huh?  I'll take it.

• Like 1

Owtafocus

So, what exactly does the XT-2 do better?   And what's wrong with the XPro1 firmware in your camera?

veejaycee
39 minutes ago, Owtafocus said:

So, what exactly does the XT-2 do better?   And what's wrong with the XPro1 firmware in your camera?

Maybe not so much what one does better so much as what each does differently. Take the LCD as an example. Street photographers who mostly use the XP2 and those who treat their cameras roughly might not want the tilt and swivel screen of the XT2. Really helpful for those of us who can't bend double, pirouette or do instant push-ups.

Check out Damien Lovegrove's review for what he prefers about the XT2. http://www.prophotonut.com/2016/07/07/fuji-x-t2-review-damien-lovegrove/

Owtafocus

Thanks for the reply VJC, but it seems more appropriate as a response to Franco, who was the one saying one camera was better.  I simply asked him in what way.

I just upgraded my 1 to a 2 and am afraid to read reviews of the XT-2!  I'm trying to avoid any regret....and so far i have none. :)

franco

AF speed is better...thats really all I'm interested in that the new firmware covers. 

And nothing is wrong with my X-Pro 1 firmware. Who said anything about the X-Pro 1?

Owtafocus
6 hours ago, franco said:

AF speed is better...thats really all I'm interested in that the new firmware covers. 

And nothing is wrong with my X-Pro 1 firmware. Who said anything about the X-Pro 1?

Oops, I meant the XPro2 (as you probably figured my error).